• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Azura Noro Virus

adrianjones

It was announced over the pa (may have been by the captain) on Ventura yesterday that Azura had norovirus.

If it was true then I do not think the Captain was very professional and should not have announced something that is on another P&O ship.

There is always plenty of it around this time of year. I was reading last week of schools being shut because of it.

If everyone behaved as they should do hygiene wise we probably wouldn't have these problems.

They put systems in place when it does appear, which usually stops it on the current cruise and they deep clean before the next one (unless everyone tries to board as early as they possibly can!!)

If it was true then I do not think the Captain was very professional and should not have announced something that is on another P&O ship.

I would have thought the Captain announced it only to remind people to be vigilant. As English Lady says, "If everyone behaved as they should do hygiene wise we probably wouldn't have these problems".

As others have said Hygiene is very important washing hands / Sanitizing

another tip banisters / hand rails always sanitize after using to get up / down stairs how many people put there hands on them just my opinion though could be wrong though prevention is better than cure :)

The had sanitisers on the ships are no good against Noro as they are anti-bacterial. Boots do an anti-viral hand foam which helps to keep it at bay and is wash bag sized.

10114138?wid=153&hei=210&op_sharpen=1

Its both anti viral and anti bacterial.

Edited by CCFC

There is always plenty of it around this time of year. I was reading last week of schools being shut because of it.

If everyone behaved as they should do hygiene wise we probably wouldn't have these problems.

They put systems in place when it does appear, which usually stops it on the current cruise and they deep clean before the next one (unless everyone tries to board as early as they possibly can!!)

If we all washed our hands more, there'd be no more stomach upsets? I wonder.

We had it hit our company a couple of weeks ago. There were a few off work for a couple or so days at a time. For an office with only thirty people, it was quite drastic. Fortunately I wasn't hit by it.

It reminds me of Oriana back in February. Not only was the cruise curtailed because the ship broke down, but we had to contend with norovirus for the last 3-4 days - double whammy!

.....and I still re-booked :eek:

As others have said Hygiene is very important washing hands / Sanitizing

another tip banisters / hand rails always sanitize after using to get up / down stairs how many people put there hands on them just my opinion though could be wrong though prevention is better than cure :)

I agree. Never had a problem when cruising but my wife and I and a large percentage of our party all went down with a noro type virus while on holiday in Majorca this summer. I notified the hotel management and advised the preventative steps a cruise line would take to stem the problem, their response was to put two bottles of hand sanitizer on a rable just inside the dining room. Of course only a small percentage of people used them :mad:

Edited by hammers

Strange you never hear about food poisoning these days - novovirus seems to be the all encompassing get out clause.

But people on cruises are not being poisoned by the food. Rather they are catching bugs from other 'unhygienic' passengers/staff via contact with things they have touched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strange you never hear about food poisoning these days - novovirus seems to be the all encompassing get out clause.

You are right and I think it muddies the water in a lot of cases where some people get food poisoning and straight away think its noro virus and having had noro virus on QE2 and stuck in my cabin for 4 days certainly know the difference.