Is Carnival hinting at Bora Bora itinerary?

cruising_diva

Bora bora is the one place in the world I have to go. I don't want to do a cruise though, or maybe combine a cruise with a land vacation. Plan is 2016. Crazy expensive for the over water bungalows. I keep looking at cruises then have to slap myself because if I don't do it soon I will regret it.

The Legend just repo'd to Australia and stopped in Bora Bora.

That's probably where the pic comes into play then. That's probably why they posted it. *sigh. How disappointing. Oh well. Other cruise lines go there, supposedly. I haven't bothered to check for myself.

Edited by cruising_diva

I believe that's the Hilton pictured, formerly the Sheraton. Stayed there twice on land vacations, had horizon bungalow, the one furthest out, absolutely amazing. Would see the Paul Gauguin ship in the area. If Carnival wanted entry, they would need a smaller, but more luxurious ship.

Been there twice, once on Spirit, and a couple of weeks ago on Legend. When the Legend cycles back to the States next year they'll be stopping there again. Nice place - there's eight or ten of those bungalow hotels on the atoll, and they all look the same, very nice. $800+ er night for the room, add the cost of food. We reckoned Carnival could cut out Moorea for an overnight stay at Bora Bora, which would give groups the chance to spend a night in one of the bungalows by splitting the cost.

That's probably where the pic comes into play then. That's probably why they posted it. *sigh. How disappointing. Oh well. Other cruise lines go there, supposedly. I haven't bothered to check for myself.

We want to go there too.Hopefully in 2016 or before, Carnival will be stopping there along with the Hawaii Islands with departure/return from California. Probably too much to ask for since air to Bora Bora is expensive the only time I checked for rates. Princess does go there in combo with Hawaii but it is a long cruise which is ok with us but have to fly into or out of Papeete.

Checking into Carnival for Hawaii which is cheaper than Princess for a balcony stateroom but would be nice to go to Bora Bora area & Hawaii at the same time. We are Platinum on both cruise lines so the perks are almost the same except we get 250 minutes free internet minutes on Princess for a cruise longer than 7 days.

Hope Carnival makes this happen & we all can go :D !!