Why not do away with the prepaid gratuity on Cheers altogether?

ryanpatricksmom

"Only" a buck per drink? I think that's very generous, considering that each drink already has 15% added to it!

At land bars with table service, we tip 20%, based on the bill. At bars where we get our own drinks from a bartender, we stick a $1 in the tip jar PER ORDER, not per drink. (This is for beer, mainly) Of course, the drinks are about 1/2 the price of those on the ships...but still....

With Cheers each drink does not have 15% gratuity added to it. The entire package has 15% gratuity added to it.

Same for Bottomless Bubbles. Wouldn't it make infinitely more sense to advertise the program as "Excluding Gratuity" and let people tip per drink.

I remember when Disney first came out with their dining plan, it included an 18% tip, and then it was amended to exclude it. I'm pretty sure that most people tipped appropriately from that point on. I have to believe that it would work in the server's favor.

More sense to whom, us or the servers? I would much rather it stay the way it is as with the package, I pay tips on 6 or 7 beers, even if I drink 15 of them. Why would it make sense to me to pay more???

So one waiter is serving one table 2 burgers, and another waiter is serving another table 2 filet mignon entrees.

Is one waiter getting screwed?

No, one server is getting over compensated! Why do you think servers keep pushing the more expensive items on the menu.......to increase their expected tip!

No, one server is getting over compensated! Why do you think servers keep pushing the more expensive items on the menu.......to increase their expected tip!

That's the point. The servers will be serving both the people buying the way overpriced drinks, while there will be people buying the overpriced "discounted" drinks (makes me wonder if peoples tipping practices change at "happy hour" on land, at the old free cocktail parties, or the discounted drinks at the Captains party).

Why people are over-complicating anything when Carnival is "doing it all for YOUR convenience", and some think they know what is actually better than that particular business.

20 cruises using the Bottomless Bubbles program and on the Glory this week it was different.

We could no longer show the card and walk off with the soda.

Now we had to sign as a regular purchase and the additional tip blank was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app