Question for the ladies

top agent

The good news is that all of our eyes are aging too--so if you don't get your makeup quite right, I for one probably won't notice!

Makeup mirrors only help point out your flaws. Nobody looks that closely. Relax. Perhaps, after a few days of cruising, you will relax enough to skip the makeup. It works for me. I always wear sunscreen and lip gloss.

As for that comment that Azamara has old people that have bad eye sight. That sounds like Azamara has a bunch of old blind people on their ships. Maybe I should take another look in that mirror. Wow. Thanks for telling me that I am old. Just threw that makeup mirror out. Relax and try not to worry about makeup.

Seriously, there are no make-up mirrors? Celebrity has had them since at least 2008. Thanks for the warning.

I had to use my travel mirror on X. I have a certain magnification I have to use so I take the one I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It folds nicely in a little black bag that I carry in the box I bought it in. I also store it in a drawer so there is no chance it will accidently get broken by our state room attendant or rough seas...ship happens, you know. ;)

I just picked up a small 10 X magnifying mirror with suction cups. It will become part of my permanently packed travel bag. Thanks for the idea.

How is the clarity with the 10X magnification? I could probably up my magnification a bit. Mine is a fold up that sits on a stand...I use the desk area as my make up and hair area...makes it easier for DH to use the bathroom while I'm getting ready.

I do the same, midwestchick.

The 10X is really great. I have a large, lit, 7X at home which I supplement with glasses. This new 10X I can use without. Makes things quite scary clear!

I don't have to supplement at home...I have the same but trying to find a bit larger magnification for home use. I use it without glasses...a bit hard to get the mascara on with glasses ;)...one thing I love about our Caribbean vacations...I usually put my contacts in...works much better for snorkeling, etc. but I don't usually wear them on cruises.