The Vault being removed from VoS ?

falados99

Yes, all Freedom and Voyager class ships were built with the two-deck nightclub.

Indy has The Raven, Freedom has The Crypt, Liberty The Catacombs, Explorer has The Chamber; they're all pretty interchangeable... And pretty much one of the few places to find goths on cruise ships.

Yes, all Freedom and Voyager class ships were built with the two-deck nightclub.

The 2 floor venue was a problem on my 14 night Voyager cruise with many young people openly sharing drink package drinks that was uncontrollable by both security and bar staff so they just give up in the end!

I cant see a problem with the nightclub being moved because it becomes more usable during the day then a dedicated nightclub during the evening till early hours so not sure why so many are disappoint in the change:confused:

The 2 floor venue was a problem on my 14 night Voyager cruise with many young people openly sharing drink package drinks that was uncontrollable by both security and bar staff so they just give up in the end!

I cant see a problem with the nightclub being moved because it becomes more usable during the day then a dedicated nightclub during the evening till early hours so not sure why so many are disappoint in the change:confused:

Disappointing because the venue is quite unique, feels like a proper club rather than a generic make do space and is enjoyable to be in due to the atmosphere and bespoke light and sound system.

It will be a shame for some passengers when they go :(

Edited by delirious9876

Disappointing because the venue is quite unique, feels like a proper club rather than a generic make do space and is enjoyable to be in due to the atmosphere and bespoke light and sound system.

It will be a shame for some passengers when they go :(

I agree, it's unfortunate that are removing this unique feature. Next up, the Royal Promenade will be turned into staterooms.

That's true. It works well on both Vision and Radiance Classes, and sometimes on Majesty.

Majesty is almost all lounge; not really a night club sort of setup. Majesty has adequate number of lounges to act as night clubs though.

I was on Vision and Legend; on Vision the VCL is small. On Legend the VCL is diminutive, not adequate for a night club, IMO. Those ships did not have a dedicated night club like Voyager class; older and smaller designs. I get that they repurpose the areas but they are far from ideal.

Majesty is almost all lounge; not really a night club sort of setup. Majesty has adequate number of lounges to act as night clubs though.

Majesty used to have a dedicated nightclub but it was turned into Adventure Ocean. Since then, I've seen them use both the Spectrum Lounge and the VCL as the nightclub. When in the VCL, they had a makeshift dance floor installed in the forward part near the helm.

Well i hope they upgrade VCL on Voyager (need to make up for losing "The Vault" due to losing it's own unique nightclub)

I'm guessing the main upgrade to VCL will be the installation of a pay restaurant venue (maybe Izumi) in the current card and game rooms on the port side of VCL.

I'm guessing the main upgrade to VCL will be the installation of a pay restaurant venue (maybe Izumi) in the current card and game rooms on the port side of VCL.

I really like the idea of a restaurant in the Viking Crown. For quite awhile I thought on Freedom class Chops was in that card room spot, virtual tour on the website makes it appear as if Chops is in the VCL. I would like to hear some comments in regards to people who have been on Navigator and went to the VCL late at night.

Edited by Moltar

I really like the idea of a restaurant in the Viking Crown. For quite awhile I thought on Freedom class Chops was in that card room spot, virtual tour on the website makes it appear as if Chops is in the VCL. I would like to hear some comments in regards to people who have been on Navigator and went to the VCL late at night.

We ate at Izumi on Navigator a few weeks ago. It was for lunch, so was not night. Love the view from up there, and I thought it was a good use of that space. With the drink vouchers now in place, they no longer need those spaces for overflow lounges.

My Compass of the May 4 cruise, on NOS, indicates "Nightclub Open with DJ Dan, [in] Cosmopolitan Club... Deck 14." Yes the music & dancing did replace the Dungeon. Look for something similar on your cruise. Enjoy.

I agree, it's unfortunate that are removing this unique feature. Next up, the Royal Promenade will be turned into staterooms.

As long as it makes more revenue!

I was very disappointed that they were removing this, one of the standout features on the ships. Although, sadly not surprised, given the nature of refurbishments past.

I too will miss The Vault (or it's likeness on other ships). The Vault has a night club feel when you walk in. The VCL doesn't have that same feel. Most clubs I have been to are multi-story, with smaller, closed off rooms. The Vault has that same type of feel. The VCL is typically a wide open space. It feels more like a room used as a night club versus a night club.

I too will miss The Vault (or it's likeness on other ships). The Vault has a night club feel when you walk in. The VCL doesn't have that same feel. Most clubs I have been to are multi-story, with smaller, closed off rooms. The Vault has that same type of feel. The VCL is typically a wide open space. It feels more like a room used as a night club versus a night club.

Exactly :)

On my charter cruises on Mariner, the Dragon's Lair (that ship's Vault) was by far the best night spot for the reasons most have said about it being set up as a nightclub. My favorite part was the upper balcony which had its own bar away from the dance floor melee and was usually never crowded. Then, of course, there were the huge gargoyles looking down on the dance floor with glowing red eyes and also the super cool clear lighted staircase. It's sad to hear that none of the Voyager class will have this fantastic space.

Very disappointing. The dance clubs on the Voyager and Freedom Class ships are truly unique and my favorite at sea. Also, they were very popular on all of my sailings. VCL on Voyager / Freedom Class will not be the same (unlike on other classes where they were designed to be a dance club). Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app