• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

criuse indian ocean

mine1307

We are planning Singapore to Fremantle May 25 2015 Dawn Princess, have never criused down the West coast of Australia.

Don't know what to expect weather and seas conditions that time of year, any help advice would be great.

Sounds like a nice trip, can't help with your query but welcome to Cruise Critic anyway.:D

We are planning Singapore to Fremantle May 25 2015 Dawn Princess, have never criused down the West coast of Australia.

Don't know what to expect weather and seas conditions that time of year, any help advice would be great.

The SW of WA gets most of its rain in the winter so in the south there could be some rain, but generally, I don't think there would be an expectation of good weather or bad. It's the luck of the draw. :)

We are planning Singapore to Fremantle May 25 2015 Dawn Princess, have never cruised down the West coast of Australia.

We have cruised west coast twice. First was on Sun Princess in Mar/April and second was on Solstice Feb/ Mar.

Both times the weather was magnificent, and I would imagine that in May it would be even better. On Solstice we visited Port Hedland and it was fine (weather wise that is)... a week later a fierce tropical cyclone came through.

On Dawn you will no doubt get the chance to visit Broome. Make sure you go to Cable Beach and ride the Camels:D

We have cruised west coast twice. First was on Sun Princess in Mar/April and second was on Solstice Feb/ Mar.

Both times the weather was magnificent, and I would imagine that in May it would be even better. On Solstice we visited Port Hedland and it was fine (weather wise that is)... a week later a fierce tropical cyclone came through.

On Dawn you will no doubt get the chance to visit Broome. Make sure you go to Cable Beach and ride the Camels:D

Heres a link to a live cam so you can check out Cable Beach at Broome ....

http://www.broomecam.info/

The weather up north of WA would be more tropical (hot and humid) http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/201405/html/IDCJDW6015.201405.shtml

while when you get closer to Perth the temps will cool down and the humidity will also drop. http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/201405/html/IDCJDW6111.201405.shtml

:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I have done it 3 times:) Feb March and April and will be doing the reverse of you this coming April

May will be perfect, Feb was way too hot and humid! expect hot hot hot and humid day and night from Singapore all the way until you get down the coast of WA to around Geraldton where the weather will change to usual Perth type weather for May which is usually around 24c- 26c dry as a posed to humid during the day and clear at the beginning of May bit cooler and possible rain end of May as the weather in Perth usually breaks to rain and cooler temps mid June.

You will be sailing in the tropical type NW WA coast weather and then one day you wake up one morning and are no longer in tropical weather, its a huge change overnight.

Seas will be slight swell to no swell with much "Mill Pond":) again until mid NW Australian coast where the swell just off the coast where most cruises sail is usually around 5 meters and breezy to windy but we have had 8 meter swell.

Expect to use the pool onboard more than you have ever done before and dont bother packing a jumper:D

People are quiet surprised at the size of the WA coast because it takes so long to sail far North to far South.

Heres a link to a live cam so you can check out Cable Beach at Broome ....

http://www.broomecam.info/

I live in Perth and I was a bit disappointed in Cable beach! We have beaches as good if not better than cable beach less than 7km from the Perth CBD and you dont need a full body suit just to go for a swim!

Broome is quite often way too hot and humid to even venture outside your hotel air conditioning:D

I live in Perth and I was a bit disappointed in Cable beach! We have beaches as good if not better than cable beach less than 7km from the Perth CBD and you dont need a full body suit just to go for a swim!

Broome is quite often way too hot and humid to even venture outside your hotel air conditioning:D

But are there camels on the Perth beaches?:rolleyes:

And welcome to CC mine. I hope you enjoy the cruise. Sounds like a ripper one to do. :)