Prepaid gratuities

gremlinbangles

We have two upcoming sailings and we have prepaid the gratuities for both, neither show on the Cruise Personalizer, however Princess did email conformations for both. We'll print the conformations and take them along with our other Cruise / Boarding documents.

No pre-paid OBC shows on the personalizer. You can gift yourself OBC or someone else can gift it to you and it won't show up on the personalizer. A Princess rep can see it in a different area and can confirm it for you if you call.

As has been posted on other threads, even though there is a gift listing for pre-paying your gratuities, you really aren't. You are merely paying yourself an advance credit to your onboard folio equal to the amount the gratuities for that cruise. So for a ten-day cruise, you begin with a credit of $115 (approx) plus whatever amount of other OBCs you happen to get.

As part of last Summer's Bucket Sale, Princess is paying the gratuities (hotel charge) on my cruise next Spring. It doesn't show on the personalizer, but does on the voucher I received from my TA. I understand it will show on my folio each day as a hotel charge followed by a credit.

As part of last Summer's Bucket Sale, Princess is paying the gratuities (hotel charge) on my cruise next Spring. It doesn't show on the personalizer, but does on the voucher I received from my TA. I understand it will show on my folio each day as a hotel charge followed by a credit.

I have never seen this.hope to find a bargain sometime...

Edited by janecambridge

No pre-paid OBC shows on the personalizer. You can gift yourself OBC or someone else can gift it to you and it won't show up on the personalizer. A Princess rep can see it in a different area and can confirm it for you if you call.

I tried emailing and calling. Sent email Thursday and follow up with phone call yesterday afternoon. So far no response. I always prefer ed just making my own booking and calling who ever answered the phone because I got an immediate response.

Unfortunately this time a family member got a princess vacation planner involved because there was a group going. So I have to speak to a specific person. She doesn't wort sat or sun so now I wait.

I think it's been changed because I can see the obc change. But I feel I should get a receipt or something acknowledging the Chang and confirming free gratuities...sigh.

How will you know that the gratuities are being paid to the staff?
If it shows up on the passenger's account as the hotel charge each day I am confident that the amount is paid into the employees' tip pool. But I wonder what happens if you ask for the hotel charge to be adjusted, up or down…