Costa Luminosa Transatlantic crossing in Cadiz

Hi.

I am travelling next spring with my very active five year old to Cadiz on 12th April from 8am till 7pm. I don't like cruise excursions as they are far too expensive. Am in need of ideas though please. I don't drive so either walkable places or local transport really.

Hi.

I am travelling next spring with my very active five year old to Cadiz on 12th April from 8am till 7pm. I don't like cruise excursions as they are far too expensive. Am in need of ideas though please. I don't drive so either walkable places or local transport really.

You can do a city walk of Cadiz by following the lines around the cityThey are on the sidewalks...you can stop at the tourist bureau as well for some more info)...you can stop when and where you want,and then keep going. It really is a fun city to visit.You can take the train to Seville....there is a lot of info on this board regarding that. I did not do that.

There is also other info here on your other posts regarding your ports.This is a great resource for information.

We just returned from a cruise that had a very long stop in Cadiz. We took a ship's tour to Seville then had more than enought time to walk all over Cadiz.

With a 5 year old, I would not do Seville. It is a wonderful city, but requires up to two hours each way to get there. cadiz is walkable, and one idea might be to go to the beach, weather permitting. The beach might require a short cab ride, we walked but might be a bit long with a child. The beaches looked very pretty. Close to the shop there are lots of shops.

I was in Cadiz a few years ago for a port stop. We rode the ho ho bus and stopped for tapas and sangria at a cafe in the large plaza where the cathedral is located. It was chilly in late April when we visited but it was a sunny day and we enjoyed relaxing and watching some young boys riding their razor scooters. Maybe you could plan on bringing some form of outdoor entertainment for your son like a scooter. He probably would enjoy chasing the numerous pigeons too. I think the beach in Cadiz would be a great spot to fly a kite. There is also a fish market that a 5-year-old boy might find interesting. I will be back in Cadiz next year and am looking forward to it.

The beaches are gorgeous in Cadiz and an easy walk from the ship. Assuming the weather is warm in April (and it could well be ) I would recommend a morning or afternoon at the beach. Cut through the old town and it is only about 15 mins walk. The sand is soft and is kept clean.

• 2 weeks later...