• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Mobile Phone Network (using UK Vodafone)

Simbo

Hi travelling from the UK for Fort Lauderdal Carribean Cruise which is only my 2nd cruise the first being with Princess 3 years ago (LA to Hawaii then Mexico). On princess ship there was a mobile network specific to the cruise line that I hadn't heard of before - I assumed data would be extortionate so kept use to a minimum holding off for any email etc until on land. When I got home I was surprised to find that the ship data was included in my standard UK Vodafone plan (no roaming) and no charge was made.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me what the supplier of Holland Americas mobile mast so I can check with Vodafone if charging is the same. Even better if any UK Vodafone users had any experience they can share

Thanks!

You slipped off to the second page with no answers. You might want to email HAL in Seattle for an answer to this question, which is very specific. I would guess the number of people who might be able to answer this question that are also on CRUISE CRITIC might be one or two.

you could try guestrelations@hollandamerica.com and ask them to forward your question to the correct department. Or, go the hollandamerica.com, at the bottom of the page under contact us, you will get an email request page which you can complete.

Also, I wonder if Vodafone might have the answer. Since Princess and Holland America are both with Carnival Corporation, they might even have the same services.

Good luck in your search and welcome to cruise critic.