• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

what is a silent party?

From what I have read it is a dance party of sorts where everyone has wireless headphones on and can sometimes choose from different music channels. It means nobody else in the room, without the headphones, can hear the music.

Must be quite amusing to watch actually!

Edited by jo24

Silent dance party....our experience. You head into the venue and you are issued a headset (playing music) to wear. The only music played is through the headsets. You dance to the music you hear in the headset. BUT, headsets are tuned to different music. You may be listening to 1 song / style of music and your friend (partner / spouse, etc.) may be listening to a different song. It is HYSTERICAL to watch as everyone is doing their own thing to the music they hear. :D

I find it more fun to sit and watch rather than participate in the silent dance. It's so funny to see everyone dancing to different song while wearing the head phones. What's even funnier is when some of the passengers start singing while dancing with the head phones on.

I find it more fun to sit and watch rather than participate in the silent dance. It's so funny to see everyone dancing to different song while wearing the head phones. What's even funnier is when some of the passengers start singing while dancing with the head phones on.

I agree, it was the singing that was most amusing.:)

My hubby and I were just talking to someone yesterday about that very topic! We were introduced to it on the Explorer. It was probably the MOST fun we have ever had in a club on any ship. There were 2 different types of music so the people on the dance floor were all dancing to a different beat, litterally. LOL

I still remember some girl on the dance floor singing "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce as though the music was on for everyone else to hear. LOL We were laughing to hard and the place was packed after about 30 minutes when everyone understood what a silent party really was. It was nice to enjoy a club and be able to talk to people at your table.

:D

Here's a brief clip of the silent party on Enchantment of the Seas that I uploaded to youtube last year. This was as seen from the diamond lounge, a great place to watch from if you are D or higher. You can stand next to the two DJs who are up there, each playing the music they want to play. And as someone said, you can listen to whichever of the two channels you like.

Gina

I have nothing valuable to add to this thread, but wanted to say this;

I was really hoping when I clicked on this thread people's reply would just have been empty replies or a ".", thought that would have been hilarious. You know, because of the silent question! :D

I was really hoping when I clicked on this thread people's reply would just have been empty replies or a ".", thought that would have been hilarious. You know, because of the silent question! :D

That would have been funny too, Ocean Waves!!

I've never seen this kind of party on any RC ships I've been on. Must look for it next time. Unfortunately I wouldn't be dancing as I'm sort of stuck in the 60's and 70's music so wouldn't know the words to anything recent..maybe except for ..it's all about the bass....LOL But I'd love to watch the dancers and 'singers'....looks like a hoot!!!

:D

Haha! I like your thinking.

I did this on the Enchantment and loved it. It was fun to take off your headphones and listen to the people singing. Then you'd be like, Oh shoot, Michael Jackson is on the other channel and you'd put the headphones back on. The people sitting at the tables were able to talk too, so, I bet they appreciated that. :)

Good to know they have it on more than just the Enchantment of the Seas, as it sbeen a great time everytime I never miss it. But going to to be going on Brillance of the Seas in Jan and wondering if this was something on all their ships they did!

We did it on our last cruise and DH is happy to hear that they have it on our upcoming cruise next week. He wanted to do this for my DD birthday party so now she gets to see what he is talking about.

I thought is was funny to see peolple do YMCA and the Electric slide at the same time.

We did it on explorer several years ago and enjoyed it very much. I guess it started in Europe at clubs in Paris. They had a large outdoor one here in rochester ny at our recent fringe festival http://rochesterfringe.com It was very well received and looked like all were having a great time.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds like alot of fun.

I wonder if there is something like this on the Oasis?

My taste is soooo different from DH.

Could make for fun.

Sea Ya

We were on the oasis in May and there isn't one but believe me, there is not enough time in the day and night to do all the fun stuff available on board. We are on the Explorer next month, hoping for a silent party!