• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

2 Ships in Ocho Rios on the Same Day??

AeroBaldness

According to Cruise TT, we will be in Ocho Rios on the Liberty of the Seas along with Holland America's Rotterdam on the same day this December. I just took a look at the cruise port from Google Maps and I am not seeing where a second cruise ship could dock: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ocho+Rios+Cruise+Terminal/@18.4100263,-77.1106593,1164m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8edafe7d91048429:0x3e05e7153882a018

There is what appears to be a freighter docked to the left, but that doesn't look like there is a terminal of any sort. Does anyone know the logistics of how 2 ships in that port would work on the same day? Also, any thoughts on the impact of having 2 ships in port would have on excursions, etc? That seems like a rather large port load on a smaller port. Thanks!

I believe two ships can dock right at the same pier. But we've also docked at the freighter dock once (but that was many years ago). They don't need a terminal, you just get off the ship as you would on the pier. It's a little farther walk to town if you are planning that, but other than that, it works the same.

I believe two ships can dock right at the same pier. But we've also docked at the freighter dock once (but that was many years ago). They don't need a terminal, you just get off the ship as you would on the pier. It's a little farther walk to town if you are planning that, but other than that, it works the same.

Thanks for the quick reply!!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if there are 2 NCL ships scheduled for Ocho Rios on the same day and no other ships are scheduled, will they be docked next to each other or are the docks separated, just wondering if they will do the usual things they do when 2 NCL ships are docked and passengers pass between the two ships to board, they usually have the crew come out and dance around.

Thanks for responses, I guess if they are one in front of the other they might still have the crew come out and entertain a bit, I am not a big fan of Ocho Rios so I thought that might give us something to watch from our balcony before sail away, hope we are on the right side to see if there is something going on:D