• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Mastercard????

karinad

Some info I just learned in case someone else is wondering.

If you booked your cruise through a third party, other then NCL, you must call a different phone # 1-866-954-4077 between 8-5 during the week, to transfer points to OBC's. Do it a few days before you cruise.

If you want to redeem points for cash call 1-800-421-2110. Ratio is over 20,000X.008=$$$. Under 20,000(.005X19,000=$$$).

So, if I had 20,000 to redeem for cash I would get about $160.00.

If I redeemed 20,000 for OBC I would get $200.

I called to late to get hold of the 3rd party person to transfer or ask questions about transferring.

I did call the 3rd party 800 number to transfer my points for our OBC account. At the closing of my last statement I had 17000, however, you're only allowed to transfer in increments of 500. I was able to transfer 15,000 points which =$150.00. I know I'll have more coming at the end of the cycle, so, I might cash what little there is and not worry about them sitting there. Don't know if when we'd be cruising NCL again and planning to do Hawaii with CCL. I'll be using that cc to work towards some OBC's.

Just posting for others who might be looking for info on this.

If you wait to 25,000 points you obviously get more bang for your points. You can redeem for cash back which means you can use them anyway you wish. Just saying', might be a better use, especially since you will get double points on the cruise. Wait til they post then redeem them for cash back and pay off your bill.

If you wait to 25,000 points you obviously get more bang for your points. You can redeem for cash back which means you can use them anyway you wish. Just saying', might be a better use, especially since you will get double points on the cruise. Wait til they post then redeem them for cash back and pay off your bill.

With the 10,000 points just for joining, all you have to do is spend $7,500 on NCL cruises and you have hit the 25,000 point goal.

With the 10,000 points just for joining, all you have to do is spend $7,500 on NCL cruises and you have hit the 25,000 point goal.

If you redeemed your 25,000 points for cash, that would give you $200., right? That's what the bank told me.

If you redeemed your 25,000 points for cash, that would give you $200., right? That's what the bank told me.

25,000 points would give you 250.00 OBC, but only 125.00 cash back. I got this card back in the summer with the 10,000 bonus points, and after making final payment on my suite ended up with 20,000 points. Just cashed those in for OBC, and stopped using the card. I'm going back to using Chase Freedom, which is much better for cash back. NCL MasterCard card gives you only 1/2 the cash back of Chase Freedom of Citi Dividend.

25,000 points would give you 250.00 OBC, but only 125.00 cash back. I got this card back in the summer with the 10,000 bonus points, and after making final payment on my suite ended up with 20,000 points. Just cashed those in for OBC, and stopped using the card. I'm going back to using Chase Freedom, which is much better for cash back. NCL MasterCard card gives you only 1/2 the cash back of Chase Freedom of Citi Dividend.

That's the ticket - - using NCL card for OBC and Chase Freedom for cash back!

Wife has Carnival MC for Carnival cruises and we're getting RCL card for the RCL cruises. Ya gotta play those silly games to get the max benefits.

I wouldn't use NCL for a cash back card. I mostly use all my credit cards to benefit travel. Best bang for the buck! I'll be stuck with some points left on the NCL card and might just cash the points in at the end of this billing cycle instead of letting them sit there. If we knew for sure that we'd be sailing NCL in the next couple of yrs. we would leave them there.

Stupid question of the night: are you referring to money off cruise as cash? I always use points to reduce cost of cruise, but now I'm thinking OBC ......not so stupid question: can I get this OBC and the $100 stockholder OBC? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by mrobstad