Star Clipper - 8th July 2015 - Roll Call

mollymoo12

• 2 months later...

Hi

Yes it is that cruise.

The ports of call should all be very good.

We have been to a few of the ports before (Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu Town, Mykonos and Santorini) so we will be looking to doing something different in those places. I love Venice (staying there 3 days pre-cruise), Dubrovnik and Santorini but I don't think there are any "poor" ports in the itinerary.

Will need to start doing some research once Christmas is out of the way.

Husband's 60th birthday is on the day we are in Dubrovnik so need to see if I can find something special to do that day. Thinking of a lovely lunch in a restaurant with fantastic views.

June

Edited by mollymoo12

Glad you got your cruise all sorted. It is our first cruise on the Star Clipper but I am sure there will always be someone on this forum site you can help you.

It will all seem more real after Christmas is out the way.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

June

Edited by mollymoo12

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I found a couple of videos posted from past pax on the Star Clipper face book page. Since there are so few posts not difficult to find. Lol. Same if you go on the CC members reviews page. There are so few and even fewer with our itinerary easy to get information quickly

• 3 months later...

Hi MollyMoo (June)! Time for the cruise is getting closer, final payment almost due. I'm off this week and trying to research various ports. (eek!) very overwhelming. I figure I'll get the Venice and the Athens figured out, and just go with the flow when we are on the cruise for the rest.

If you are interested in sharing a private tour of Athens from these guys https://www.pktravelgreece.com/full-day-tours/ or any other guide from CC let me know. I think that the 1/2 day tour would be just right.

The airfare is ridiculous but it has been exactly the same price since December. Has not budged a penny. Maybe because I insist on flying non-stop and there aren't too many choices, even from NYC. . .

Take care. If anyone else wants to chime in, please do so. :-)

So here's my idea with the tour in Greece. We(Ray and I) only have one day (Saturday) then we fly back to JFK on Sunday. My plan is to have the taxi/tour pick us up at the port, drive us to the Acropolis, etc. The tour is 5-6 hours. By then I figure we'll be exhausted already. After the tour the driver can drop us off at our hotels. After a rest we are free to explore from the hotel. The next morning after breakfast we leave for the airport. Unfortunately we can't extend our holiday any longer.

When we get closer to the date I will start contacting the various taxi companies.

Edited by Got2Cruise

Update on PK travel in Athens. We decided we are definitely going to use them for full day. Just a driver to drive us around. I'm sure it will be very hot in Athens and having an air conditioned vehicle waiting will make it enjoyable. We will only be in Athens one day. I'm not hiring a guide but a guide is available if one wishes. If anyone wants to join us we can simply request a larger vehicle.

If you haven't done so there is a form to fill out with passport information. I asked about it here on Cc and a nice lady was kind to respond. Thank goodness for CC. There is no place on the website to do it you need to send as an email attachment. We only have the free Adobe so I had to print mine out, fill it in by hand then scan.

Have a nice weekend.