Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

Any body know how they choose who gets which cabana?

I believe the concierge makes up the schedule of where everyone is located on Barefoot and Nellies beaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe the concierge makes up the schedule of where everyone is located on Barefoot and Nellies beaches.

Thanks Anne. I'm sure that's what they meant to find out in their post

Sent from my LG G3 using tapatalk

I understood that if you stopped by the Excursion desk you could select your cabana at Nellie's Beach. Otherwise, you get what you get. I plan on stopping at the Excursion desk as soon as I board!

Great review! Thanks for the posts!

Pennie

Our group had the 6 OTW cabanas that are together on our 10/5 Allure sailing. We loved them, and because all 6 were in our group, we just sort of hopped between them. I was in the first one (the one that's not really "OTW") and it has a nice ramp for going to the beach to get in the water, so if someone in your group needs something more stable, I'd recommend that one as well. The big complaint I had is that our attendants (and there were only 2 for all 6 cabanas) were not around for much of the time, and they did nothing to stop anyone from walking up into the cabana area, coming up the ladders/steps to the cabanas, (which made me a little concerned about leaving my stuff) and they didn't really come around for drinks, etc. Now, I was having an issue with my leg and couldn't walk well, and one of our attendants was nice enough to bring me back a plate of food from the buffet that someone in my group prepared for me, so I give him props for that.

Oh - and we booked ours well in advance of the cutoff for the upgraded buffet, but none of our group received the wrist bands for that, so I wouldn't count on getting it (or make sure you discuss with the excursions desk when you check in to make sure they have them for you). The food on the regular buffet was pretty good, IMO.

Edited by Jobeth66

Our group had the 6 OTW cabanas that are together on our 10/5 Allure sailing. We loved them, and because all 6 were in our group, we just sort of hopped between them. I was in the first one (the one that's not really "OTW") and it has a nice ramp for going to the beach to get in the water, so if someone in your group needs something more stable, I'd recommend that one as well. The big complaint I had is that our attendants (and there were only 2 for all 6 cabanas) were not around for much of the time, and they did nothing to stop anyone from walking up into the cabana area, coming up the ladders/steps to the cabanas, (which made me a little concerned about leaving my stuff) and they didn't really come around for drinks, etc. Now, I was having an issue with my leg and couldn't walk well, and one of our attendants was nice enough to bring me back a plate of food from the buffet that someone in my group prepared for me, so I give him props for that.

Oh - and we booked ours well in advance of the cutoff for the upgraded buffet, but none of our group received the wrist bands for that, so I wouldn't count on getting it (or make sure you discuss with the excursions desk when you check in to make sure they have them for you). The food on the regular buffet was pretty good, IMO.

I know that some of the attendants seem to not do a very good job whereas others excel at it. Sorry to hear that they did not give you the upgraded buffet. I do have an email confirmation from a lady at the executive team from corporate that we will indeed get the upgraded buffet so if need be, I'll bring copies of that email with me

Okay, now on to the hillside cabanas at Nellie's. I forgot to mention that these and the beach cabanas are slightly cheaper than the over the water ones. They are both priced at 225 versus 250 for the otw's.

The hilltop ones probably provide the most privacy and some pretty good views as you will see in these photos. One downfall is to get them you have the climb some rather steep natural steps to get to them and this would definitely be an issue for people with mobility issues.

Pictures from myself and Anne(Annefran):

C2stairs_zps6be37a4f.jpg

You can see barefoot beach from these cabanas

C3viewfromhilltoptobarefoot_zps60634a02.jpg

030_zps91d5d8e5.jpg

And a really good view of the ship

C7HighestHilltopviewofship_zpsb7660604.jpg

036_zps644bd3c2.jpg

Edited by Bugsy4271

To get to the beach, you would walk behind these cabanas down another set of natural steps(these are not as steep) to where the first set of over the water cabanas are. Walk to the right of them and you will come to the beach

Here are some pics of the inside of the hillside cabanas:

029_zpsfaa80a05.jpg

C8HighestHilltop_zps7c97de1b.jpg

C4Hilltopinside_zps69035e7f.jpg

028_zps092a59e3.jpg

What is the cutoff date for the upgraded buffet? I booked in January 2014.

Will you be posting cabana numbers?

Thanks for doing this! I'm so excited for our upcoming cabana.

I'm not sure what the number system but I imagine I can get them from one of my friends. Since you booked in January you will still get the buffet but not the upgraded one that Barefoot Beach gets. The change was made in October 2013 and you would have had to book before that.

Thank you for the very detailed information and picturesque photos. Seems like you have a great amount of knowledge on Labadee. I'm headed there for the first in a few months, seems like these cabana's are very popular and I won't be fortunate enough to get one. Do they have umbrellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the very detailed information and picturesque photos. Seems like you have a great amount of knowledge on Labadee. I'm headed there for the first in a few months, seems like these cabana's are very popular and I won't be fortunate enough to get one. Do they have umbrellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do indeed. You won't have an issue there.... they also have clamshells if you want one

Next up will be Barefoot Beach cabanas. These are for people who are booked in a grand suite or above(junior suites are excluded) and also if you are on a waitlist for one, you may luck out and get one of these as my friend Anne(Annefran) did on her last Explorer cruise and Bill(BILL-WI) who got on because of a screw up on his original cabana booking.

As of October 4th, 2013 any cabana bookings made after that date that are Nellie's Beach cabanas no longer get the upgraded buffet that Barefoot Beach does. If your cabana booking was made before this date, you should be able to get the upgraded buffet.

The buffet will also be covered on this thread to give you an idea of what it is like.

So with that, let's begin the picture tour of BB cabanas. All photo credits go to Anne and Bill

This set of photos given to me by Anne

These Barefoot Beach ones are located close to the buffet and in my opinion wouldn't seem very private. But I could be wrong

C1beach_zpsea6fd3c1.jpg

Here are the ones that are over the water at Barefoot Beach:

C4overwater_zpsd864d893.jpg

C5barefootbeach_zpse0b7ce88.jpg

Edited by Bugsy4271

There usually is availabilty on barefoot beach for cabanas. Because barefoot beach is for grand suites and above it usually is not too crowded so suite guests opt not to get cabanas. Every time we have been on barefoot beach at least half the cabanas were with non suite guests. No matter what beach or chair you land on Labadee is sure to become a favorite port.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure what the number system but I imagine I can get them from one of my friends. Since you booked in January you will still get the buffet but not the upgraded one that Barefoot Beach gets. The change was made in October 2013 and you would have had to book before that.

I noticed that the latest posting of the cabanas on RCI cruise planner say they include the upgraded buffet. Could they have gone back to that due to complaints?

Pennie

Edited by pennielz

I noticed that the latest posting of the cabanas on RCI cruise planner say they include the upgraded buffet. Could they have gone back to that do to complaints?

Pennie

Not sure on that. I haven't read that anywhere here on the boards. I noticed lately for the Nellie's Beach cabanas it has been saying in the description that there is a lunch buffet and it will be at one of three locations, but none of them are Barefoot Beach

UPDATE:

It does indeed now mention the upgraded buffet as I just checked as well. Here is the description:

The upscale sea- view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie's beach with private water access are a great place to relax in seclusion, while remaining among the action at Nellie's Beach. The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort- style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Your rental includes two floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels and the great service of a personal cabana attendant

Edited by Bugsy4271

I had a hillside cabana on my 10/5/14 Allure cruise. I booked when I boarded and got the last one. We had the upgraded buffet and when our cabana attendant gave us the wristbands that said Barefoot Beach I questioned if we got the upgraded buffet and he said "of course." I just assumed since the hillside cabanas are attached to Barefoot beach and we use that entrance to get to them they allowed those cabanas to have the upgraded buffet. The seafood skewers were amazing. Our cabana was second to the last at the top of the hill with steps and a ladder into the water. The snorkeling was so much better than I thought it would be. There was a little cave beneath our cabana and I saw some wonderful fish and urchins. I had heard not so good reviews about the snorkeling at Labadee, and brought my snorkel just to see what was under the water. I loved the hillside cabana and it was definitely worth the price.

This set of photos given to me by Anne

These Barefoot Beach ones are located close to the buffet and in my opinion wouldn't seem very private. But I could be wrong

C1beach_zpsea6fd3c1.jpg

Here are the ones that are over the water at Barefoot Beach:

C4overwater_zpsd864d893.jpg

C5barefootbeach_zpse0b7ce88.jpg

Chris you are correct about the location of the beach cabana. We were right next to the buffet area. There are plenty of tables and chairs to use for lunch. The buffet was excellent. There are a circle of showers centrally located near all the cabanas. The beach cabana was the first one we had. We had the highest hilltop cabana on our next cruise. Loved the views but didn't like being so far away from the water and beach area. The steward will set up chairs for you near the water if you request them. We had over the water cabanas after that twice. They are by far our favorite followed by the beach ones.

We are cruising in July 2015. I checked to see about reserving a cabana last week but it said not available. I called RCCL and the representative said that she thought they obeyed like 60-90 days out or something like that. Is that correct?

We are cruising in July 2015. I checked to see about reserving a cabana last week but it said not available. I called RCCL and the representative said that she thought they obeyed like 60-90 days out or something like that. Is that correct?

That could be the case but usually they open up excursions for booking a lot sooner. At least that has been my experience in the past

I'll wrap this thread with a look at the buffet. It's the upgraded buffet that Barefoot Beach gets and is offered to those that have booked Nellie's Beach cabanas:

Here is the wristband they will give you when you check in for your cabana so they know you can get the upgraded buffet:

1509876_10152175297956189_356459116_n_zps74dee703.jpg

DSC_0409_zps844642b6.jpg

1526581_10152175293081189_988709245_n_zpse182858c.jpg

1545794_10152175293191189_1920308693_n_zps72859826.jpg

1545691_10152175293691189_1392815639_n_zps54bd4bd9.jpg