Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Subscribed! My parents will be on this cruise and I must say I am super jealous! If only I didn't have college classes I might have been able to convince them to bring me lol At least I can read along while taking care of the cat!

Enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone! We are the Quantum Live Reporters who will be on the Maiden Transatlantic Voyage from Southampton, England to Cape Liberty, NJ on Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (November 2 through November 10). Hard to believe that we’ll be on this beautiful new ship in just TWO WEEKS! We will use this thread as our Live Reporting thread, so please subscribe to it.

We know that new ships cause a flurry of excitement, and we’re so happy to be some of the first passengers to share all that Quantum of the Seas has to offer. We assembled from our Roll Call because we knew that it would take a small army to cover all that is Quantum of the Seas. We will take a lot of photos, and if you’re on our sailing, and would like to join us, just post to our Roll Call, and we’ll be in touch.

Leading up to our November 2 voyage, we will be counting down toward our cruise date by posting recaps on the many exciting WOWs that Quantum of the Seas as to offer, and also we’ll share more about us as we all bring a little different perspective to how we each approach cruising.

Our Roll Call also has 12 events planned over the eight day sailing, including a Flash Mob proposal, a Bumper Car launch and a Masquerade Dinner at The Grande. We’re going to have a lot of fun!

We look forward to your comments, questions and feedback to make this the BEST Live Report on Cruise Critic yet!

Quantum Live Reporters

jv_nyc (Joanna)

Clansman37 (Dan)

Dancinman66 (Greg)

David4 (David)

Emmad1973 (Emma)

HandE (Elayne)

Jasoncruising1976 (Jason)

queenL (Lateefah)

Rollover (Karen)

SkyKingBNA (Tracy)

TravelinGert (Gertie)

PS: Quantum Fun Fact: The class of ships was code-named “Sunshine.”

I have subscribed to get a taste ready for my Anthem cruise in June :-)

Looking forward to your review! We plan to be on the Anthem next June and I'd love some insight on DD and the entertainment. We've booked cabin 6690 and are anxious to know what the balcony is like (or any obstructed balcony for that matter).

Have a great trip!!

So glad you are doing this I was hoping there would be someone doing a live thread and the group effort should be even better. I am on the Dec 1st cruise and really excited. I am a little apprehensive about Dynamic Dining so especially interested in different pov's of that.

Guest maddycat

Subscribing to your thread. I'm looking forward to learning all about the Quantum. We're booked on the Quantum April 2015 and the Anthem April 2016.

I can't wait for the reviews, a friend of ours (Clansmen37) is on this sailing and looking forward to him chiming in!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's going to be exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait for the reviews, a friend of ours (Clansmen37) is on this sailing and looking forward to him chiming in!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh hello young lady :-) I'm sure between us all we will give you enough info to book Dave on his next cruise :-)

Dan (Clansman 37)

Today's Quantum of the Seas news -

Meyer Werft has just stated that QotS will leave Bremerhaven during the night from wednesday to thursday and then go to the drydock in Hamburg on thursday. So, the ship will not be delivered on saturday, but monday next week.

This 2 day delay will cost Meyer Werft a lot of money.

Subscribed! My parents will be on this cruise and I must say I am super jealous! If only I didn't have college classes I might have been able to convince them to bring me lol At least I can read along while taking care of the cat!

Enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Just wanted to say Thank you for taking care of my cat. Will be thinking of you as we sail across the pond. Keep on studying. :)

73 posts and the ships not even been delivered yet!

But seriously, a group live review is a fantastic idea, so much you can all show us, especially the "more to come" areas.

I need something to occupy my mind!