• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Belfast Taxi Availability?

MalibuCA

My husband and I are visiting Belfast on the Symphony next summer, and we want to go to Titanic Belfast. Are there an ample number of taxis available at the ship in the morning to transport us to Titanic Belfast and back again to the ship at the end of the day? How long is the drive from where the ship docks to Titanic Belfast? I'm also posting this to the Ireland board, but I'm hoping that someone here can answer from experience on prior Crystal cruises to Belfast. Thanks so much for your help!

Shelley

Shelley:

I was in Belfast in September on the Serenity. The place where we docked was about a 10 minute taxi ride away from the Titanic Museum. There were plenty of taxis at the pier. The Titanic Museum was close enough that you could see it from the back deck of the ship. Sadly we did not go to the museum but went to downtown Belfast instead. Should have made time for both!

Shelley,

I was also in Belfast on Serenity in September, and I took the Crystal shuttle into town ~ then took the Belfast hop on hop off bus and the Titanic museum is one of the first stops. This was my first time on a hop on hop off bus and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing many other sights as well.

At the end of the tour, I walked around Belfast on my own then took the Crystal shuttle back to the ship. As everyone else mentioned, there are plenty of taxis and people are very helpful and friendly.

Barbara