Allure of the Seas 2-in-1 Photo Review ~ October 12 & November 9, 2014

Cupcrazy

Around the ship you will find a lot of art work. Royal Caribbean has made it fun and hidden some pieces in what they call "Small Wonders". When moving around the ship you'll come across some pieces that look like binoculars and some look like telescopes which look like they are looking into the ground. When you see one, take a peek in. Some will be pictures from around the world & some will be little pieces of art. Each one (as well as all art work around the ship) will have a plaque with it explaining what the piece is.

10998103554_9630c08b01_c.jpg

10998275476_298c034cb0_c.jpg

10996757194_6ccb96c7c2_c.jpg

15418053789_503d952ddf_c.jpg

14971775243_5969dc40c7_c.jpg

I forgot to post this with the pictures of the stateroom. Beth made these door decorations for everyone in our group

15591924385_fdb864d079_c.jpg

Duck

15406314480_312f761d1e_c.jpg

Strawberry Cheesecake

15589258931_f9c2ea98a1_c.jpg

Crème brûlée with Caramelized Bananas

15405812348_4c61be3b92_c.jpg

Vanilla Ice Cream

15592754712_9c49fb3220_c.jpg

Edited by Cupcrazy

After dinner we went to the Aqua Theatre at the end of the Boardwalk on deck 6 to watch Ocean Aria. If you've been to Las Vegas & seen Cirque du Soleil's 'O' then you'll kind of know what to expect with this show. The story is told through high-diving, trampolining and feats of strength. It's a must see when on the ship.

TIP: The Aqua Theatre is aft of the smoke stacks. The soot from the stacks sometimes falls onto the seats so make sure to wipe your seat down before sitting. I've seen people go wearing their formal attire sitting on towels.

14974829693_94953ce6e4_c.jpg

15406309340_e27d8971f4_c.jpg

15405807828_d2c5aa0ca4_c.jpg

15405292619_2192a62161_c.jpg

Edited by Cupcrazy

We then met up with everyone in the Bow & Stern Pub located on the Promenade, deck 5. Last year while on Oasis we spent every night in the pub singing, dancing & drinking with the guitarist. This year the guitarist/singer was Charlie Jourdan. He was a decent singer but was a pretty big prick. He wouldn't take any of our requests even when he said he knew the songs and we filled up his tip jar. He told off one of the guys in our group who was having a conversation with someone at the table beside us. Yes he was a little loud but come on, it's a pub. Have you ever been in a pub before? We gave him another shot the next night but again pretty much told off someone in our group who requested a song. After that night we never went back. We did walk by most nights and his tip jar was never full like it was when we were there.

14971862884_ae305b79f2_c.jpg

15405984769_b05fbf4080_c.jpg

15405800258_d902a130e2_c.jpg

15568220986_9367833599_c.jpg

15568219746_12212afb7f_c.jpg

15568218046_e19efb2802_c.jpg

Thanks for doing this review. I will be on the Allure 11/2 and was planning on eating at Park Cafe right after boarding. So glad that you took a picture of the menu so I have an idea of what they have. The Roast Beef Sandwich looks yummy and will probably order that.

If you get there and the line is out the door and snaking through Central Park, just wait till 1pm when people get to their cabins. No line, or right before Muster.

DAY 2 - NASSAUAn all access pass to the park was $125usd per person. We spent about 4.5 hours at Atlantis walking though the marine habitat and playing/relaxing at the water park. We went down a bunch of the slides Leap of Faith, Abyss, Challenger, Surge as well as relax in the lagoon pool. We also went on the lazy river where I fell off my tube going over a rapid and nearly lost my glasses. That would have ruined my vacation.

This might be a place where the Royal sponsored excursions are better than what you can get on your own. (That would be a first) Like you, the only time we have been to Nassau is when the ship has been there about 5 hours or so. (Voyager, twice on Majesty and twice on Allure). But when we took the 4 day on Majesty around Halloween last year Majesty was there from 7am to Midnight, so we finally broke down and went to Atlantis. We were pleased to discover an offseason rate for the water park through the cruise line. I think it was $59 each.

We then met up with everyone in the Bow & Stern Pub located on the Promenade, deck 5. Last year while on Oasis we spent every night in the pub singing, dancing & drinking with the guitarist. This year the guitarist/singer was Charlie Jourdan. He was a decent singer but was a pretty big prick. He wouldn't take any of our requests even when he said he knew the songs and we filled up his tip jar. He told off one of the guys in our group who was having a conversation with someone at the table beside us. Yes he was a little loud but come on, it's a pub. Have you ever been in a pub before? We gave him another shot the next night but again pretty much told off someone in our group who requested a song. After that night we never went back. We did walk by most nights and his tip jar was never full like it was when we were there.

Nate, I hope you wrote this in your Guest Satisfaction Survey. That was the only negative point I made on my survey. I made sure to write in the comments just how rude this performer was. He absolutely never smiled and made us feel like and scolded us like we were the "bad" students in class!! While on vacation, we were there to have fun! Glad we found that somewhere else for the remainder of the cruise!!

Edited by Peacemkr59

Oh well good riddance. "Piano Man" rocked out and we had a blast. Thank you Matt Ganim.

Let The Party Begin!!!