Cupcrazy

15400293270_b738afbb6f_c.jpg

15562223316_764b17eede_c.jpg

15586739242_fa325f186e_c.jpg

10995849175_5bc5929d6a_c.jpg

10995846635_421dd6da29_c.jpg

14965885593_e3b883d0b7_c.jpg

Cupcrazy,

Really enjoying your reviews and photos, you did an amazing job.

Thank you so much, I know this is a lot of work.

Question for you; In one of the pictures you posted from your cabin had

a phone charging port, do you know if all cabins have them??

This is new, the last time we were on Allure and Oasis they did not have them.

Cupcrazy,

I believe the iPhone docking ports are currently only available on Allure. This, of course, may change with Oasis being in drydock.

Of note though, these charging docks only work with iPhone 4 and 4s due to the older style plug. Those with iPhone 5 and newer should do like I did and order one of these iPhone 4 to Lightning Adapters:

http://www.staples.com/Apple-Lightning-to-30-pin-Adapter/product_164118?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:164118&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=164118&KPID=164118&kpid=164118&gclid=COWOkpWpw8ECFQ9p7AodJT4ATA

Also, beware that in our dock (and I would imagine all of them), ONLY the LEFT side of the dock CHARGES AND PLAYS music from your phone. The Right side is strictly for playing music.

Your review and pictures are great - keep 'em coming! Looking forward to meeting you and your "gang" in 2 weeks!

By the way, is there a "glow" party on this ship? I read about it somewhere and wasn't sure if it was for the Allure.

Your review and pictures are great - keep 'em coming! Looking forward to meeting you and your "gang" in 2 weeks!

By the way, is there a "glow" party on this ship? I read about it somewhere and wasn't sure if it was for the Allure.

There was a Glow party on the Allure held in Studio B. They sold all kinds of really cool Glow accessories for the party. I'm sure Nate will have pictures!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[ATTACH]328821[/ATTACH]

Consider this challenge accepted speedy. Anyone else brave enough. This is where the skillet show will be performing together next year. Just saying.

Let The Party Begin

I accepted!!! Will you??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This might be a place where the Royal sponsored excursions are better than what you can get on your own. (That would be a first) Like you, the only time we have been to Nassau is when the ship has been there about 5 hours or so. (Voyager, twice on Majesty and twice on Allure). But when we took the 4 day on Majesty around Halloween last year Majesty was there from 7am to Midnight, so we finally broke down and went to Atlantis. We were pleased to discover an offseason rate for the water park through the cruise line. I think it was $59 each.

Going to Atlantis was a late decision on our part. We were told of the later departure time at 8pm the night before. I just looked at the Royal Caribbean Excursion book we got on the ship and the price is $129.75. We actually saved 75 cents, haha. I like your price better though.

Nate, I hope you wrote this in your Guest Satisfaction Survey. That was the only negative point I made on my survey. I made sure to write in the comments just how rude this performer was. He absolutely never smiled and made us feel like and scolded us like we were the "bad" students in class!! While on vacation, we were there to have fun! Glad we found that somewhere else for the remainder of the cruise!!

Oh well good riddance. "Piano Man" rocked out and we had a blast. Thank you Matt Ganim.

Let The Party Begin!!!

I made sure to write this in my survey. Everyone else got a 10. Matt was fantastic. I was very happy we found him up in the Schooner.

Cupcrazy,

Like SpeedQuest said, I think they are only available on Allure. They will probably be on the Quantum, Anthem and possibly Oasis after dry dock. I have an iPhone5 and my phone did not fit in the dock. They are made for iPhone 4s and below. If you have a 5 or up you'll need a 30 pin to Lightening adapter.

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

Lightning-_30pin_adapter1.jpg

There was a Glow party. It was in Studio B on night 6. We felt it was like a big Bar Mitzvah Party. The party was a lot of fun but ended fairly abruptly after a little over an hour. I'll be posting about it later in the review.

Lol! Those pictures in the pub are phenomenal.

We always have a good time in the pub. Even when we have to make the fun ourselves.

Enjoying your review and photos.

Thanks James!

Loving the review. Exactly one month or for me as of today.

Debbie

Thank you Debbie! Have a great trip!

Great job as usual nate GMAN

Let the good times roll!

Thanks GMAN!

Awesome review Nate!

Nadene and I had a great time meeting you all and can't wait to do it again!

We had a great time with you guys too. It was so nice meeting the 2 of you

DAY 3 - SEA DAY

At 9:30am was the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle in Dazzles on deck 8, aft. We had over 100 people sign up but only had about 20-30 show up. We assumed it was because people were up at the pools.

10996477883_df79d015b1_c.jpg

15405274219_80b0c2aee7_c.jpg

15405272139_b0f1ee3d58_c.jpg

They gave out these little Royal Caribbean note pads to everyone who showed up

15405888737_492bfde97b_c.jpg

Complimentary fruit, pastries and coffee was served

pKNven target=_blank><b><font size=7><font size=2>15591888475_43ca9f9fe8_c.jpg15591888475_43ca9f9fe8_c.jpg

Some of the prizes to be won at the M&M. Bottles of Wine, Allure picture album, gift bag of Royal Caribbean goodies. At the M&M last year on Oasis they gave away a free meal at a specialty restaurant for 2. They didn't do that this year.

15592726222_869b3c6204_c.jpg

Katie, the Activities Director hosted the M&M

15405878457_ba40e8ebe3_c.jpg

I won a bottle of wine. We brought it to the MDR. Royal has dropped the corkage fee so we didn't have to pay.

15406270610_fb563a1b7b_c.jpg

Rick won the "basket of Royal Caribbean Crap". I think it contained pens, lanyards and some other little goodies.

15406266510_48775f3ffc_c.jpg

A member of our roll call island284 made these Sea Pass card holders. Ken won this one.

15405768688_d6df763329_c.jpg

As I mentioned earlier we didn't have the greatest experience in the dining room the first couple nights. We were dripped on from the ceiling and had some pretty poor service. From night 3 on when we switched tables our service was back to Royal's fantastic standards.

Because of the poor service, the Maître d' gave us a free tour of the main galley. He set up the tour for 10:30am and our guide was Executive Sous Chef, James Scott.

Here are a couple videos of the tour when we were in the baked goods area...

Video 2

15407138090_3fd25326f3_c.jpg

14972588353_b0de2f4bc0_c.jpg

15608566382_6fa6f5b978_c.jpg

14964755074_08dbb4c502_z.jpg

15582832661_20f5ef05d0_z.jpg

15605064011_5ea7a5db88_z.jpg

Edited by Cupcrazy