Anyone on Discoverer Now?

Maracamama

Greetings from the Explorer! Can anyone on Discoverer give me a brief overview of your available internet plans?

When we were on Discoverer in July it seemed the plans had changed. Can't remember the particulars, but you could purchase a block of unlimited time for different amounts, if this makes sense.

Now on Explorer, the plans offered are the "old" ones again.

The IT officer on board tells me (nicely) I'm nuts and that the provider has the same plans on all SS ships, and that SS has nothing to do with what is offered. He may be correct. On all counts, LOL

Martha

• 1 month later...

We were on Discoverer from September 21 to November 3 and there was, indeed, a change in the internet pricing. You could purchase one day for $30, 2 days for $50 (had to be consecutive) and up. As we use the internet sparingly when we're away, we complained loudly and bitterly about the cost. On the 2nd of our 3rd cruise (3 b2b), we shared a day with friends in 2 other cabins making it affordable. We were told that, beginning with the next cruise (after we disembarked) there would be an option of purchase by megabyte. Hope this helps.

we r just off the discoverer.

Fast Internet ( nay lightning fast by "at sea" standards..) , no limits on availability or downloads.. circa 16usd/day x cruise duration = final billing amount ….Fantastic……..kudos Silversea