• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Royal -Deck plan

happytovacation

I am considering going on the Royal April 18th 2015, and I would like to get a Mini Suite Midship on the Caribe deck. Does anyone know how the angled decks are, are they big,:) I assume people from above can look down at us? Is there a little bit of shade on these decks. they seem to be taken right away.

Would love your feedback on this.

Many thanks

We had the angled balcony on Riviera, midship. R429 - that's a mini. Standard mini pretty much, balcony plenty large enough for the two of us to sit out comfortably.

Royal doesn't have the stepped layer cake design found in earlier classes of Princess ships.

Balconies don't overlook the balconies below. There are only 314 mini's and they do come quick.

We stayed in a minisuite on the Royal last fall and had an angled balcony. Some are 54 square feet and the largest are 72 square feet. We had one that was 54sf and it was plenty big for the two of us. The midship balconies are all covered so you do have some shade. We enjoyed our Royal minisuite so much that we've booked one on the Regal in November and again on the Royal next spring. If you're concerned about privacy, book on one of the lower decks on the port side so you won't be under the Seawalk.