• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

First time cruising with NCL and a lot of questions.

l4dk

Hello,

We are taking a short 3 day Ncl Sky cruse this weekend and it is our first time with NCL. If anyone can answer a few questions I will be very happy.

I understand we are allow to take water right?

Now, wine and champagne I read online that we are allow to board with wine and champagne but that there is a corkage fee, is that corkage fee also if the wine or champagne is consumed in your stateroom? With other lines like Royal or Disney the corkage fee is only at the restaurants or public ares but not the staterooms. I am confused.

Also we are traveling with an 8 years old and we will like to know about the kids club/activities if good or not and how it works.

Thank you so much in advance

Hello,

We are taking a short 3 day Ncl Sky cruse this weekend and it is our first time with NCL. If anyone can answer a few questions I will be very happy.

I understand we are allow to take water right?

Now, wine and champagne I read online that we are allow to board with wine and champagne but that there is a corkage fee, is that corkage fee also if the wine or champagne is consumed in your stateroom? With other lines like Royal or Disney the corkage fee is only at the restaurants or public ares but not the staterooms. I am confused.

Also we are traveling with an 8 years old and we will like to know about the kids club/activities if good or not and how it works.

Thank you so much in advance

You may bring soda and water aboard. The corkage fee is charged regardless of where the wine is consumed. You will take your child to the kids club and register them for the club. The staff will give you and your child a tour of the club and should be able to give you a list of activities. My teens liked the teen club onboard for what it is worth.

Yes, you can take bottled water onboard, but no need to do so since ship water is fine to drink. We just bring a couple bottles for refilling.

The wine "corkage" fee is for all bottles of wine, regardless of where you drink them.

Kids Club activities vary.

Thank you!

How does it work? Do they collect the bottles at check in? What about if you take 4 and you just open 2?

You pay the $15/750ml bottle between security and check-in, its charged to your room.

If you don't drink all bottle go to guest services on the last night, they will hold bottles for you until am and refund your $15.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I've done 43 cruises, but it is the first time Ncl, and I have a question. I am Italian, I speak Spanish but little English. Can anyone tell me if the staff, and especially the concierge and butler's area of ​​Heaven Getaway, speak Spanish? Sorry for the silly question, but I would be grateful if someone could answer me, I start the 15/11 and I am very excited! Thanks!

Edited by ganadeir

Hello everyone! I've done 43 cruises, but it is the first time Ncl, and I have a question. I am Italian, I speak Spanish but little English. Can anyone tell me if the staff, and especially the concierge and butler's area of ​​Heaven Getaway, speak Spanish? Sorry for the silly question, but I would be grateful if someone could answer me, I start the 15/11 and I am very excited! Thanks!

Since you are hijacking an existing thread, you might get better attention to your questions if you start a new thread with a new title specific to your query.

You might want to read the sticky post about thread hijacking at the beginning of this forum.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Edited by Cruisin&Relaxin

Since you are hijacking an existing thread, you might get better attention to your questions if you start a new thread with a new title specific to your query.

You might want to read the sticky post about thread hijacking at the beginning of this forum.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

I hardly think it's a hijack when the title of the thread is "first time cruising with NCL and a lot of questions" and the PP asked a question specific to NCL.

I hardly think it's a hijack when the title of the thread is "first time cruising with NCL and a lot of questions" and the PP asked a question specific to NCL.

Thank you, sorry if I'm wrong, but to me it seemed proper type a question in this tread, as it is the first time I travel with Ncl, and the title was just this ......and it seemed appropriate to open a new topic just to ask if the concierge or butler speak Spanish ..... I participate in a forum of Italian cruise, and if I open a topic just to ask this question. ... I would immediately reprimanded .... telling me to check if there were already more open on this tread or tread appropriate to ask the question ..... Thanks anyway

Edited by ganadeir

Thank you, sorry if I'm wrong, but to me it seemed proper type a question in this tread, as it is the first time I travel with Ncl, and the title was just this ......and it seemed appropriate to open a new topic just to ask if the concierge or butler speak Spanish ..... I participate in a forum of Italian cruise, and if I open a topic just to ask this question. ... I would immediately reprimanded .... telling me to check if there were already more open on this tread or tread appropriate to ask the question ..... Thanks anyway

Don't feel bad people are touchy around here sometimes.

You don't speak English? :confused: You certainly write fine in English.

If you have ever studied another language (or at least in a classroom) you will know that it is much easier to write in another language at first than to converse with a native speaking that language.

To Ganadeir, I can understand why you thought the name of this thread made it okay to ask questions as a first time NCL cruiser. Some posters just aren't as welcoming as others. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. NCL is a great cruise line.

I speak very little English, I know things prinicipali to travel, to make me understand, I understand the menu or the program of the day, I traveled with Carnival, Celwbrity, Royal, no problems ..... of course I had to make a call, or attend a comedy show, or when someone speaks fast ...... I would not be able to and not understand anything ..... To write is easy to use Google translator ..... ah ........ ha

Molti dei membri del personale sono filippini e parlano spagnolo , tra cui molti dei maggiordomi . Si dovrebbe avere problemi . La nostra migliore da crociera mai stato in Italia e vogliamo tornare al tuo paese di nuovo qualche volta!

Exactly what I was thinking:). Since you've sailed on Carnival, Celebrity and Royal with no problems I would expect you would have a similar experience with NCL.

Yes, it is true, but this time they are in suite Haven, and I wanted to know from someone who has been in the Haven Getaway, if the concierge or butler speak Spanish in order to better explain my necissità, partly because my husband have recently diagnosed with ALS, and maybe I could have some special request to make, and I would be more comfortable speaking a language I know well. However, I am sure it will be a wonderful cruise and I'll be able to make myself understood, it was just a curiosity. thank you all.