• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

iphone

Michie78

yeah go to guest services as soon as you get on board.Usually all gone by 12 noon.By the way I believe its 1000 dollars if you lose or break them.So given that we decided not to get them.Because I know being around water I will or someone will get it wet and there goes a grand.We have invested in some high quality walkie talkies which work fantastic through floors etc.But beware some people on these boards shun anyone who use walkie talkies.But they are the minority overall.But if you use walkie talkies you can't get cheapos cuz they won't work.

yeah go to guest services as soon as you get on board.Usually all gone by 12 noon.By the way I believe its 1000 dollars if you lose or break them.So given that we decided not to get them.Because I know being around water I will or someone will get it wet and there goes a grand.We have invested in some high quality walkie talkies which work fantastic through floors etc.But beware some people on these boards shun anyone who use walkie talkies.But they are the minority overall.But if you use walkie talkies you can't get cheapos cuz they won't work.

What brand and model are you using?

I use 15 year old motorolas. Never had a problem. Just don't take them ashore in Mexico, because they aren't allowed there.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That is good to know, I'm interested about the reception in the ship. I would assume steel bulkheads and decks would provide a lot of interference and reduce the usable range.

That is good to know, I'm interested about the reception in the ship. I would assume steel bulkheads and decks would provide a lot of interference and reduce the usable range.

My husband likes to sit in the Sun more than I do, so we use walkie talkies to be able to find each other on the ship. We have never had a problem using them on any ship we've been on. We've been on 25 cruises. We also used them in the port area on Oahu as we went ashore at different times.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We rented the iPhones on Oasis earlier this year, and it was a waste of money in my opinion. Calls and texts did not go through most of the time, and the "fear factor" of my 14 year old grandson losing the phone just wasn't worth it considering most of the time we couldn't reach each other anyway.

Next time we will try walkies...

We rented them on Allure and were very disappointed, lots of dead spots and no obvious signal of missed calls so the two occasions the kids were calling to get out of kids club we had no clue.

Have seen reviews indicating the Oasis phones worked better but not sure.

Discussed with the staff when we turned them back in and they indicated that they know the system isn't working well and were basically waiting for the phones to die and would then be updating to a new system of some kind (the phones are old and beat up iPhone 4's from memory)

Don't recommend them but it wasn't terrible,

The feature I like best is the GPS. We are older & I liked to be able to check where my husband was.

Like in the evening when we would go to a show. I would be saving a seat for him. I could just GPS & see where he was. If he had gotten very tired & went to bed, I could tell. A text or call would not have worked as he would have gone to sleep.

His favorite feature was having the cruise compass on it so you did not have to carry the paper schedule around.

Twice on Oasis which was fine.

Once on Allure. Very bad. exchanged phones the 2nd day. Still had trouble. The 3rd day I returned them for a full credit.