St. Kitts...playing it by ear (i.e no pre booking?)

cruisingbajan

We just got back from our cruise this past weekend, we were in St. Kitts on Monday Nov 10th and we took the grand island tour with Thenford Grey, Greystours and OMG it was wonderful. His brother Sackville Grey did our tour that day and we got the chance to meet Thenford as well. They really do a great job and we visited the Carible Batik factory at Romney Manor and then went on to Brimstone Hill Fortress. We had an amazing time. St. Kitts is a beautiful Island. I think their website might not be working too well so if you just email him after checking out the tour info on his website, I am sure others have posted the links already here, that is how we found them, make sure to email him and he is very responsive. He got back to me in just a few hours.

Also, we LOVED LOVED Barbados!!! Out of all the Islands we visited St. Kitts and Barbados were the best!!!!

We did a tour of the Mount Gay Rum Factory in Barbados and we were very impressed with everything we saw in the limited time there. My wife and I already know we have to come back to Barbados for at least a week. You have a beautiful beautiful country! We were very impressed with how respective all the Taxi drivers were. We spent a good amount of time just walking around Bridgetown and were asked about a million times if we needed a taxi and all we had to do was politely say No Thanks to them just once and they were very friendly, accepted the No Thank you and wished us a good day and didn't continuously follow us around begging for a fare. So from having rude Taxi drivers in St. Thomas and pushy ones in some of the other ports seeing the level of professionalism in Barbados was great!!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the island and its your favorite.[emoji106] Hope you continue to visit as well. [emoji2]

What cruise ship will you be on in December.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sorry Keith just realised I never replied to this question. I'm on the Ventura which is a P&O ship, really the price was too good to turn down.

We were a bit cruised out and fancied a week in Barbados but when we found this deal we had to book. It's two weeks in a balcony cabin for less than a week, but the really great bit is we fly direct to Barbados on the 6th and even better we have the entire 19th there and most of the 20th until our evening flight. You kindly recommended Oistins and we will do that, now just looking at the rest of our time there. You may recall on another thread I asked about the Malibu beach :D

We just got back from our cruise this past weekend, we were in St. Kitts on Monday Nov 10th and we took the grand island tour with Thenford Grey, Greystours and OMG it was wonderful. His brother Sackville Grey did our tour that day and we got the chance to meet Thenford as well. They really do a great job and we visited the Carible Batik factory at Romney Manor and then went on to Brimstone Hill Fortress. We had an amazing time. St. Kitts is a beautiful Island. I think their website might not be working too well so if you just email him after checking out the tour info on his website, I am sure others have posted the links already here, that is how we found them, make sure to email him and he is very responsive. He got back to me in just a few hours.

Also, we LOVED LOVED Barbados!!! Out of all the Islands we visited St. Kitts and Barbados were the best!!!!

We did a tour of the Mount Gay Rum Factory in Barbados and we were very impressed with everything we saw in the limited time there. My wife and I already know we have to come back to Barbados for at least a week. You have a beautiful beautiful country! We were very impressed with how respective all the Taxi drivers were. We spent a good amount of time just walking around Bridgetown and were asked about a million times if we needed a taxi and all we had to do was politely say No Thanks to them just once and they were very friendly, accepted the No Thank you and wished us a good day and didn't continuously follow us around begging for a fare. So from having rude Taxi drivers in St. Thomas and pushy ones in some of the other ports seeing the level of professionalism in Barbados was great!!

Great post :) They are two of my favourite islands too :cool:

Sorry Keith just realised I never replied to this question. I'm on the Ventura which is a P&O ship, really the price was too good to turn down.

We were a bit cruised out and fancied a week in Barbados but when we found this deal we had to book. It's two weeks in a balcony cabin for less than a week, but the really great bit is we fly direct to Barbados on the 6th and even better we have the entire 19th there and most of the 20th until our evening flight. You kindly recommended Oistins and we will do that, now just looking at the rest of our time there. You may recall on another thread I asked about the Malibu beach :D

Yup I remember quite well. :) If I recall correctly you will be visiting Oistins on your Friday night as well.:D

I would never pass up a deal on a cruise for a land vacay either.;)

Thank you for your kind compliments on the island. We will be more than happy to have you guys for a week....or more.;):p

I must agree with you though (and I am not being biased) as I have visited a number of the islands and I think the taxi drivers sometimes are a bit too pushy. I am glad you enjoyed your experience on the island.