toiletries?

Disneycruisers

We got a small tube of toothpaste on our Carnival cruise, along with things like a small bottle of mouthwash and Axe body wash.

Yes, Carnival puts out a little "gift basket" of a few sample sizes products. I've gotten things like nose strips, a razor, etc. never lucky enough to get something useful like toothpaste.

On the Regal this fall, we only got a tube of lotion in the Elite bag, no tubes of shampoo/conditioner or bath gel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The only thing I want from Princess is conditioner. They can keep all the other elite goodies (how many eye masks or linen sprays does one person need?). Heck, they can even keep the pillow chocolates. Please, just give me back my conditioner.

When we were on the Regal last week we arrived at our cabin and found a tube of conditioner, plus the bag of elite goodies. Hurray! Finally the recognition I deserve!!! When the tube was nearly done I left a note for the steward asking for another. Instead he left a bottle of the combo shampoo/conditioner.

So I showed him the bottle of the white conditioner and said, no this is the product I want. He looks at it and says, oh, yes, you need more lotion. No!!! Conditioner, see, the words on the bottom, conditioner. It's like what the suites have. So he scurries away and comes back with a tube of conditioner. Woo hoo! I didn't dare ask for another one when that ran out.

Just for the record, in the year since Princess changed products I've already had a bottle of conditioner explode all over my suitcase. Really hard to get the darn suitcase into the washing machine to get it all washed out. ;)

Thank you!

My DH originally posted this question, and when I read to him the snarky reply, he said "I thought we received toothpaste on Carnival?" Thank you for verifying that. I also remember receiving a small bottle of Caress body wash.

That was a QUESTION, it wasn't intended to be snarky or sarcastic.:confused:

So in a Window Suite, I should get the Elite/Suite toiletries? They look nice! Especially the shower gel!
Yes, you will receive the Suite toiletries in your WS. There are several more items in the suite toiletries than in the Elite toiletries. We have been in two suites this year including a WS since the dispensers were installed and the switch was made to the shampoo/conditioner. There were no dispensers in either suite, just small product bottles/tubes. In January the Sapphire still had the old eucalyptus products in small containers and on the Grand in March they had the new product in tubes. We were also on the Regal in September in a deluxe balcony cabin. On the two cruises with the new product we did not receive a conditioner only tube.

Just for the record, in the year since Princess changed products I've already had a bottle of conditioner explode all over my suitcase. Really hard to get the darn suitcase into the washing machine to get it all washed out. ;)

I had that problem years ago, so I make sure I double-bag my lotions, shampoos, etc. in small freezer bags to ensure no more problems of that type.

I always take several quart and gallon size freezer bags rolled up in my luggage, "just in case". They weigh virtually nothing and can really save a mess if things go wrong during luggage handling while in transit.

The only thing I want from Princess is conditioner. They can keep all the other elite goodies (how many eye masks or linen sprays does one person need?). Heck, they can even keep the pillow chocolates. Please, just give me back my conditioner.

When we were on the Regal last week we arrived at our cabin and found a tube of conditioner, plus the bag of elite goodies. Hurray! Finally the recognition I deserve!!! When the tube was nearly done I left a note for the steward asking for another. Instead he left a bottle of the combo shampoo/conditioner.

So I showed him the bottle of the white conditioner and said, no this is the product I want. He looks at it and says, oh, yes, you need more lotion. No!!! Conditioner, see, the words on the bottom, conditioner. It's like what the suites have. So he scurries away and comes back with a tube of conditioner. Woo hoo! I didn't dare ask for another one when that ran out.

Stern note to self-TAKE EXTRA ZIPLOC BAGS WITH YOU! Sorry you had that bad experience, but thank you for warning others of the possible danger.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Stern note to self-TAKE EXTRA ZIPLOC BAGS WITH YOU! Sorry you had that bad experience, but thank you for warning others of the possible danger.

You seem to be having so much fun planning your cruise, you make me want to sail with you! :)

I had that problem years ago, so I make sure I double-bag my lotions, shampoos, etc. in small freezer bags to ensure no more problems of that type.

I always take several quart and gallon size freezer bags rolled up in my luggage, "just in case". They weigh virtually nothing and can really save a mess if things go wrong during luggage handling while in transit.

Yes, now the bottles go in ziplock bags and then inside my DH's dress shoes. And all of our clothes and books go in space bags. I've had my bag drenched before.

Yes, now the bottles go in ziplock bags and then inside my DH's dress shoes. And all of our clothes and books go in space bags. I've had my bag drenched before.

I too will be using space bags - on my last cruise my soft-sided suitcase was left out in the rain and all my clothes got wet - a terrible way to start a cruise.

On our cruise last year about this time,I asked for the conditioner and my room steward brought it. I was in a balcony. I agree the products in the shower are horrid. Good luck getting a good lather going with the wash , and I need separate conditioner for my hair or it is a mess. It's like a really bad hotel. Whoever thought we would like it is an idiot. Princess is just going cheap.

I'm too am disappointed in the poor quality of toiletries that Princess now provides guests (whether elite or not).

I have short hair and by DH has very little hair (LOL) and believe me we are not hair product/shower gel snobs. We've never had a problem with the various lines of gels, shampoos, etc. that various hotel chains provide.

However, the products in the 'new' pumps are horrible (if you can even get enough out to even lather up) and it is just a pain having to pack shower gel; shampoo, etc.

I think Princess should hang it's head in shame, admit they've made a mistake and correct it. Cheap, cheap, cheap and tacky. I feel like I'm staying in a Motel 6.

Is it really too much to ask that guests be provided with a useable bath products?

The shampoo is a shampoo/conditioner combination, not separate. They, along with the body wash, are in big dispensers on the wall in the shower. Tacky! I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner and use the small soap bar that's by the sink.

It may be considered tacky but it is much better for the environment when compared to all the little plastic bottles they used to have. :)

It (the dispensers) may be considered tacky but it is much better for the environment when compared to all the little plastic bottles they used to have. :)

I'm too am disappointed in the poor quality of toiletries that Princess now provides guests (whether elite or not).

Is it really too much to ask that guests be provided with a useable bath products?

I have no problem with the dispensers and agree that they are much better for the environment - not to mention less waste from guests taking home souvenirs :D but I also cannot understand why the quality isn't better. Didn't they have a focus group try them? I used the shampoo/conditioner once and brushing my hair was torture.

We're Platinum, and on the Ruby in October we got the tube of Lotus Spa lotion. We were given a second one, even though I'd hardly used the first one. So I brought them both home and am still using one as handcream. It's very nice. As for the shower gel/shampoo/conditioner, we always take a 'shower puff' on holiday with us, and it does help the shower to lather up better. Like other people though, I will always take my own conditioner in future. Had to buy some at one of the stops, as the combined one was awful.

Edited by Garfunkel

I have no problem with the dispensers and agree that they are much better for the environment - not to mention less waste from guests taking home souvenirs :D but I also cannot understand why the quality isn't better. Didn't they have a focus group try them? I used the shampoo/conditioner once and brushing my hair was torture.

Shampoo and conditioner need to be two separate products. There is no such thing as a good combo product especially if you have long or coarse hair. The combo products may be less drying but they don't untangle or smooth hair.

It may be considered tacky but it is much better for the environment when compared to all the little plastic bottles they used to have. :)

If the environment is so important maybe we should all be sailing on a sail boat. Plastic can be recycled. The soot that is spiting out on the Royal and Regal are leaving residue on the decks and the fumes can't be healthy to breath either. I love when someone plays the environment card when it comes to plastic water bottles and toiletries containers. Every liquid from milk to laundry detergent is packaged in plastic. Between the wasted food and burning fuel a cruise ship isn't environmentally friendly period.

If the environment is so important maybe we should all be sailing on a sail boat. Plastic can be recycled. The soot that is spiting out on the Royal and Regal are leaving residue on the decks and the fumes can't be healthy to breath either. I love when someone plays the environment card when it comes to plastic water bottles and toiletries containers. Every liquid from milk to laundry detergent is packaged in plastic. Between the wasted food and burning fuel a cruise ship isn't environmentally friendly period.

Horror of horrors I usually fly to a cruise. ;)

Yes, there are lots of bad things everywhere and luckily lots of stuff get recycled (hopefully). I think bulk is still better than teeny-weensy.

BTW, isn't soot a problem on all cruise ships?

Horror of horrors I usually fly to a cruise. ;)

Yes, there are lots of bad things everywhere and luckily lots of stuff get recycled (hopefully). I think bulk is still better than teeny-weensy.

BTW, isn't soot a problem on all cruise ships?

Usually the soot blows past the ship into the ocean and not on the balcony. The Regal and Royal have a unique issue.

Usually the soot blows past the ship into the ocean and not on the balcony. The Regal and Royal have a unique issue.

I have frequently read about it being cruise ships and specifically recall reading about HAL ships. I just did a search on the Carnival and Royal Caribbean boards and there are talk about soot on aft balconies.

Edited by Boytjie