Anani Beach Club

FloridaNative555

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone ever heard of Anani Beach Club in the Dominican Republic? It is an excursion offered that is apparently located on Bayahiba Beach. I've just done a cursory search, but I can't find any reviews anywhere.

We booked this excursion for our upcoming Breeze cruise over Thanksgiving. I'll post when we get back. I wasn't able to find out any info on Anani Beach Club (didn't show on Google Maps) but Bayahibe Beach looks nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a nice beach excursion!

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from our Thanksgiving cruise and here are a few thoughts about the Anani Beach Club Excursion through Carnival

We were bussed about 30 minutes away from the port. Bus was fine. When the bus turned down the dirt road at the Anani Beach Club sign, I got a bit nervous. We were delayed by a construction crew that was using a large crane and taking up the road. We sat there for 20 minutes. The road itself was muddy, junky and not well-maintained. Once we could get past the construction, we traveled about 5 more min and reached the Anani Beach Club. Very casual, felt like an abandoned property that was turned into a beach spot for tourists. Directly next to the Anani was a more established property (timeshare?) but a fence kept us separate. My family of four found lounge chairs easily under the palms. Water socks/sandals are needed to access the ocean. The ocean was pleasant and not rough. My DD snorkeled and said she did not see any fish.

The bar area was very casual and the staff were very pleasant, although most not proficient in English. The male bartender from Italy could speak English so we were able to order from him.

We got a few drinks, beer $4, a rum and coke $8, soda $3. My daughter paid $5 for a coconut to be opened. We thought we had more time, so we waited to order lunch. We sat at a picnic table, there were charming smaller tables also but they were occupied. Our pork chops arrived, tasty with rice and beans. We got two plates (each $6) to share as a snack. I'm glad we didn't get too much since as soon as the food arrived we were told we needed to get on the bus.

The bathroom was a separate building near the bus. A young girl kept it very clean and well stocked.

We were happy with the Anani Beach Club. It felt like being on Survivor or Gilligan's Island with good food. Not fancy but very relaxing. Plus there were two kittens and that always makes a place special for my DDs!:D

If you have questions, please let me know. I hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
We just got back from our Thanksgiving cruise and here are a few thoughts about the Anani Beach Club Excursion through Carnival

We were bussed about 30 minutes away from the port. Bus was fine. When the bus turned down the dirt road at the Anani Beach Club sign, I got a bit nervous. We were delayed by a construction crew that was using a large crane and taking up the road. We sat there for 20 minutes. The road itself was muddy, junky and not well-maintained. Once we could get past the construction, we traveled about 5 more min and reached the Anani Beach Club. Very casual, felt like an abandoned property that was turned into a beach spot for tourists. Directly next to the Anani was a more established property (timeshare?) but a fence kept us separate. My family of four found lounge chairs easily under the palms. Water socks/sandals are needed to access the ocean. The ocean was pleasant and not rough. My DD snorkeled and said she did not see any fish.

The bar area was very casual and the staff were very pleasant, although most not proficient in English. The male bartender from Italy could speak English so we were able to order from him.

We got a few drinks, beer $4, a rum and coke $8, soda $3. My daughter paid $5 for a coconut to be opened. We thought we had more time, so we waited to order lunch. We sat at a picnic table, there were charming smaller tables also but they were occupied. Our pork chops arrived, tasty with rice and beans. We got two plates (each $6) to share as a snack. I'm glad we didn't get too much since as soon as the food arrived we were told we needed to get on the bus.

The bathroom was a separate building near the bus. A young girl kept it very clean and well stocked.

We were happy with the Anani Beach Club. It felt like being on Survivor or Gilligan's Island with good food. Not fancy but very relaxing. Plus there were two kittens and that always makes a place special for my DDs!:D

If you have questions, please let me know. I hope this helps!

could you take a taxi instead of going through Carnival?

• 4 weeks later...
Do you remember what kind of food was available and prices?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1421534606.140192.jpg.18f8df7fbb14a049d3b0f4afeb1ba80d.jpg

My DH took a pic of the menu! I don't know why the pork chops that we had are not on the menu. Maybe a special of the day?

Shoot, you can't see the prices when you expand it.

Grilled Lobster 28

Grilled steak 16

Grilled fish 18

French fries 4

Mix salad 4

Sandwiches

Ham and cheese 5

Prosciutto 8

Caprese 7

Cheeseburger 8

Hot dog 6

Fresh fruit salad 4

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by momonthego17

• 4 weeks later...
Same here...trying to determine if booking through Carnival is the only way. Seems like a lot of money for just a bus ride

From my perspective, everyone relaxing at Anani Beach Club was from the Carnival excursion. I don't know if access would be available to a taxi cab pulling up. Just a thought.

From my perspective, everyone relaxing at Anani Beach Club was from the Carnival excursion. I don't know if access would be available to a taxi cab pulling up. Just a thought.

Thank you for the info. Let me ask, I know the answer is subjective, but is it worth the $140.00 for a family of four to spend the day at Anani?

Thanks

Thank you for the info. Let me ask, I know the answer is subjective, but is it worth the $140.00 for a family of four to spend the day at Anani?

Thanks

I wasn't familiar with DR so this was to me, a reasonable day at the beach. Safe because it was through Carnival. Our day was very relaxing. Worth $40 per person....maybe doing it once but not a second time. The thing is, most of the excursions on DR are priced higher and I didn't want to spend time in a village (there is a shuttle that takes you to a mock village for $7 per person) so I thought I would pick the day at the beach that was the cheapest.

I'm sure somebody else more knowledgeable about DR would have an inside track to the best beach via taxi, but I was pretty happy with what we got.

Hope that helps!:)

• 3 months later...