• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

1st formal night info

lozzer58

Hi , doing back to back caribbean cruise leaving February 17 th out of Fort Lauderdale on the Royal . (Although here in the uk it is sold as a 20 day ) can anyone tell me which will be likely to be the first formal night ? Thank you

Hi , doing back to back caribbean cruise leaving February 17 th out of Fort Lauderdale on the Royal . (Although here in the uk it is sold as a 20 day ) can anyone tell me which will be likely to be the first formal night ? Thank you

Usually the 1st night a sea is formal.

You can sign up to have them celebrate your birthday-for free.

In the personalizer you can list special events. You get a door sign and balloons, and a voucher for a free birthday cake (granted it is no that big). At dinner they bring the cake to the table and sing happy birthday.

If you don't finish the cake, they bring it to your room for later.

Enjoy your birthday.

You can sign up to have them celebrate your birthday-for free.

In the personalizer you can list special events. You get a door sign and balloons, and a voucher for a free birthday cake (granted it is no that big). At dinner they bring the cake to the table and sing happy birthday.

If you don't finish the cake, they bring it to your room for later.

Enjoy your birthday.

Thank you, we are actually celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and my husbands retirement my birthday is just a bonus

Thank you, we are actually celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and my husbands retirement my birthday is just a bonus

Great, you can do both! On our first cruise a couple did just that on the same day! They brought 2 cakes and sang 2 songs.....

Congratulations, We had our 36th this year.

Lozzer, mark every celebration you can. I think birthdays and anniversaries have a +/- 30 day window. So if your birthday or anniversary falls within 30 days of your cruise (either side) they will do things for you..a cake, maybe a song at dinner.

Why not celebrate the events on sea that you can, even if they are multiple!

Enjoy your cruise!

Counting down the days.

Word of advice, mention your celebrations to your cabin steward and your MDR waiter to ensure you receive the extras previously stated.

You can also, of course, purchase extra celebratory packages.