Great information for French Polynesia

ROWSE

I have come to this board a lot to get information for our upcoming cruise in January.

A cruise friend is on the Pacific Princess for six b2b's in French Polynesia, and

she has a blog that I have gotten so much information from already. She is a regular poster to Cruise Critic, so I thought some of you might like to follow along.

Here is the link:http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/

Reading all their adventures makes me so excited for our own!

I have come to this board a lot to get information for our upcoming cruise in January.

A cruise friend is on the Pacific Princess for six b2b's in French Polynesia, and

she has a blog that I have gotten so much information from already. She is a regular poster to Cruise Critic, so I thought some of you might like to follow along.

We recently returned from our Windspirit cruise in Tahiti and enjoyed every minute of the adventure. I was surprised by your post that a friend was doing SIX back to back cruises in French Polynesia. While our cruise was as wonderful as we had hoped for I can't imagine doing 6 in the same area especially FP. Please fill us in as I think I must have misunderstood. Oh I did check out the blog and loved it, saw many of the areas that we cruised in September.

We recently returned from our Windspirit cruise in Tahiti and enjoyed every minute of the adventure. I was surprised by your post that a friend was doing SIX back to back cruises in French Polynesia. While our cruise was as wonderful as we had hoped for I can't imagine doing 6 in the same area especially FP. Please fill us in as I think I must have misunderstood. Oh I did check out the blog and loved it' date=' saw many of the areas that we cruised in September.[/quote']

You did read that correctly. They are on the Pacific Princess for 6 back to backs. These CC members typically cruise several months on the same ship. Usually it is the Caribbean, and I think they plan to do so again after a trip home for Christmas. Last year they spent weeks on the Emerald Princess. (Think snow birds on a cruise ship.)

I am just thrilled they are doing French Polynesia this year as it lets me experience huge anticipation till we get to go in January.

Thanks for posting the link to this blog. I had noted in my June 3 post that we needed some more Princess cruisers on this forum:

I'm glad to see a Princess (and HAL) cruiser contributing to the Pacific Islands forum. Your viewpoint is needed. We used to have Toto2Kansas representing the Princess perspective in FP. She has retired from that role. We have some very enthusiastic PG and small cruise ship fans on this board. I appreciate their perspective but they can come across as very negative towards Princess and other mass market cruise lines. We need some more Princess cruisers active on this board to provide balanced viewpoints.

These folks are doing 6 back-to-backs on Princess! Reading their blog, they seem to be having a good time. It's nice to know you can have a great time cruising in FP even if the small, luxury ships are out of your price range.

We recently returned from our Windspirit cruise in Tahiti and enjoyed every minute of the adventure. I was surprised by your post that a friend was doing SIX back to back cruises in French Polynesia. While our cruise was as wonderful as we had hoped for I can't imagine doing 6 in the same area especially FP. Please fill us in as I think I must have misunderstood. Oh I did check out the blog and loved it' date=' saw many of the areas that we cruised in September.[/quote']

How did your travel pillow work out???

Jill

How did your travel pillow work out???

Jill

Ok but not great. Afraid the meds worked better. I had also bought a seat cushion and that really worked well. Not sure I would travel with the pillow again as it takes up a lot of room in your carry on and really was difficult to adjust and make comfortable.

Ok but not great. Afraid the meds worked better. I had also bought a seat cushion and that really worked well. Not sure I would travel with the pillow again as it takes up a lot of room in your carry on and really was difficult to adjust and make comfortable.

Which pillow did you get that wasn't great and which seat cushion? Trying to figure out what I need for the long overnight flights.

Which pillow did you get that wasn't great and which seat cushion? Trying to figure out what I need for the long overnight flights.

Therm-A-Rest Travel Cushion worked well, while the J Pillow proved not to be that comfortable for me. On the flight going to Tahiti it fell on the floor while I was sleeping on the way back I just couldn't get it in a position that worked for me. Also the J Pillow took up a fair amount of room in my carry on. Probably wouldn't purchase it again.

Hope this is helpful.

Shirley

Therm-A-Rest Travel Cushion worked well' date=' while the J Pillow proved not to be that comfortable for me. On the flight going to Tahiti it fell on the floor while I was sleeping on the way back I just couldn't get it in a position that worked for me. Also the J Pillow took up a fair amount of room in my carry on. Probably wouldn't purchase it again.

Hope this is helpful.

Shirley[/quote']

Thanks. That is helpful to know. It looked interesting, but didn't really want to carry it around as it did seem bulky and I had doubts it would "sit" comfortably and stay in place. Thanks again.

Thanks. That is helpful to know. It looked interesting, but didn't really want to carry it around as it did seem bulky and I had doubts it would "sit" comfortably and stay in place. Thanks again.

I would like to add that the Air Tahiti flight proved to be a great nighttime flight. I'm someone that almost never goes to sleep while flying (just incase the pilot needs my help)! I boarded Air Tahiti around midnight at LAX and after a short time with the help of meds slept almost until we landed. I even missed the beverage cart! Loved the layout of the plane with only two seats on each side and screens on the back of the seats. On the return flight home I enjoyed the music and movies without the help of meds! All in all Air Tahiti Rocks!:)

I would like to add that the Air Tahiti flight proved to be a great nighttime flight. I'm someone that almost never goes to sleep while flying (just incase the pilot needs my help)! I boarded Air Tahiti around midnight at LAX and after a short time with the help of meds slept almost until we landed. I even missed the beverage cart! Loved the layout of the plane with only two seats on each side and screens on the back of the seats. On the return flight home I enjoyed the music and movies without the help of meds! All in all Air Tahiti Rocks!:)

Glad to hear that. I plan on taking the overnight to Tahiti also. Thank you for the info.!

Jill

Not looking forward to this flight, so I'm glad to hear it wasn't too bad. Hoping I can sleep as well. Thanks for letting us know about the ATN flight.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading this blog every day. Anyone planning a cruise to FP should check it out.

Sent using Tapatalk

Did anyone else read about the problem with the PG that she mentioned in her blog? I hope it is not serious and they got it fixed. It would really be bad to miss a day of cruising due to rudder problems!:(

Therm-A-Rest Travel Cushion worked well' date=' while the J Pillow proved not to be that comfortable for me.[/b'] On the flight going to Tahiti it fell on the floor while I was sleeping on the way back I just couldn't get it in a position that worked for me. Also the J Pillow took up a fair amount of room in my carry on. Probably wouldn't purchase it again.

Hope this is helpful.

Shirley

Very helpful--thanks!

Anyone want to join Pescado Amarillo on the next few cruises? Princess is selling inside cabins on these 10-night cruises for $540 to $600 per person, plus another $110 to $160 in taxes. This is really cheap for French Polynesia, about $70 per day including taxes. Of course, the airfare to get to FP will be double this.

Princess is cutting the FP schedule way back next year, with a lot shorter season. I'm guessing this is the last year for good Standby Deals from Princess in FP.