11/2 Maiden Voyage Meet & Mingle...seriously ....

....what is the point in having the M&M at lunchtime and just a short time before Mamma Mia starts ?

The M&M is set for 1pm on Nov 3rd and Mamma Mia starts at 2pm and people now have to make a choice M&M or Mamma Mia.

Of course most people are going to choose Mamma Mia as it is only on a couple of times.

But seriously what was the point in 373 CC members registering/wanting to come along and meet others from their roll call at their M&M when the M&M is set at lunchtime ????

Ok yes RCCL might have other events planned for the morning of Nov 3rd but surely they should have taken the M&M into consideration that before they offered a Meet & Mingle, they do after all encourage guests to register for it by having it on their website.

No wonder they didn't tell us when and where it was going to be held until yesterday. Very disappointed with RCCL/CC.

....what is the point in having the M&M at lunchtime and just a short time before Mamma Mia starts ?

The M&M is set for 1pm on Nov 3rd and Mamma Mia starts at 2pm and people now have to make a choice M&M or Mamma Mia.

Of course most people are going to choose Mamma Mia as it is only on a couple of times.

But seriously what was the point in 373 CC members registering/wanting to come along and meet others from their roll call at their M&M when the M&M is set at lunchtime ????

Ok yes RCCL might have other events planned for the morning of Nov 3rd but surely they should have taken the M&M into consideration that before they offered a Meet & Mingle, they do after all encourage guests to register for it by having it on their website.

No wonder they didn't tell us when and where it was going to be held until yesterday. Very disappointed with RCCL/CC.

We should all demand and get a free cruise because of this :D

It is worth a try to ask :)

LOL thanks for making me laugh Jack :D

You are welcome

I understand how frustrating it is. You would think that something that is tied so closely with Cruise Critic, they would make sure that they picked a good time.

Really disappointed for my fellow quantum launchers that need to make this decision.

We have a massive roll call that has been chatting away for months and has arranged a number of events on board for this maiden voyage - we all had these plans in place for months and RCCL can't manage to give a time / venue to an event that happens on virtually every sailing until 4 days before we leave.

There have been a couple of occasions we have felt like the forgotten cruise - eg with all the RCCL "pomp" regarding the inaugaral cruise later in November, but we are the first paying passengers on this ship and it feels like we are not valued at all.

I will enjoy my cruise - but it does feel like this is in spite of not because of RCCL.

I'd cancel the cruise over this!:mad:

Seriously though, I'd take that over 9:30 am on Day 2 anytime!

LOL

Hey I am not unpacking my suitcases again...they (and me) are going on the plane to Southampton on Saturday :D

I like M&Ms at 9.30am...especially the peanut ones :D

But come on lunchtime for a Meet & Mingle...when there are no ports on our sailing...can they really not work their scheduling better ?

LOL

Hey I am not unpacking my suitcases again...they (and me) are going on the plane to Southampton on Saturday :D

I like M&Ms at 9.30am...especially the peanut ones :D

But come on lunchtime for a Meet & Mingle...when there are no ports on our sailing...can they really not work their scheduling better ?

Lol - I'm usually just rolling out of bed at 9:30 during a cruise [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I share your frustration. Although I was not an active member of this Roll Call, it was certainly the friendliest one in which I've participated. I hope we all get to meet in person some of those that we've gotten to know and like online at the short M&M. :)

Edited by jjb415

...and on the same day RCI locked out any dining or entertainment changes (can't see if there's room at the other two shows).:rolleyes:

News to me and perhaps others that the reservation system is locked out like that.:eek:

...and on the same day RCI locked out any dining or entertainment changes (can't see if there's room at the other two shows).:rolleyes:

News to me and perhaps others that the reservation system is locked out like that.:eek:

Wow they locked it down early didn't they ...geez :eek:

Not to veer ofcourse too much into a complain about maiden voyage thread... but did anyone else get an email from RCCL saying 'Your trip is 4 days away book your Dynamic Dining Options now...' only to get a 'Your trip is 4 days away, so you cant add/remove or edit any options' when you login to Cruise Planner?

This is clearly an error by RCI PR probably some junior shifting venues & space availability that he or she knows nothing about.

Norwegian went to town on the maiden meet & mingle I attended on the Getaway in January.

With such a proactive bunch communicating for so long in a primarily constructive manner, RCI are missing a trick here, they read this actively so there's still time.

On our Legend TA last month, they had so many complaints about the scheduled time for the M&M that someone called the home office and was able to get it re-scheduled. You might try and see if they can come up with another time.

However, maybe because of the re-scheduling, half the CC members didn't get a card in their room reminding them of the meeting place and time. So lots of people missed the meeting anyway.

Just looked back at our Oasis sailing from when she first set sail and our M&M was held in Dazzles at noon on Day 2. So it's not that unusual a time. Since Ken Rush is in charge and seems to be a master of timing, I'm sure they've looked at the plan for that day and have it setup so that the CD can stop in for a bit on his way to introduce Mamma Mia. That was what happened for Oasis, he went from making a noon announcement of activities, to the M&M, to filming his show in the aqua theater. With these early sailings more so than any other the schedules are tighter as their is a lot more behind the scenes work going on to refine things. This includes more meetings. They likely have a meeting each morning to review the previous nights events to see how things went so they can adjust for the day. As it becomes more routine their schedule frees up more since most things can be show up and do what you always do.

Edited by DEIx15x8
You could just sing ABBA songs and call it a Mamma & Mingle or a Meet & Mia.

Jonathan

That's actually not a bad idea. They are supposed to have that Mamma Mia afterparty in the Music Hall after each show. Perhaps setup an unofficial secondary M&M on the second floor during that.

Oh and Ripcord IFly is available to book for this sailing...but wait...I forgot...our reservations are now locked so we can't book it :rolleyes:

Wonder if that was the intention. It's not available for the 11/23 sailing yet (don't see it anywhere that I could find) so maybe they plan to only allow it for booking onboard. If the system works right the listings should be connected so they may intentionally only load it once you can't use the site at home so that it shows when accessing onboard.

Look forward to finally meeting you, eroller!

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

I might actually show up for this one! If it was at 9:30am no way. Not a morning person, especially on vacation.

I believe my reservation for Mama Mia is at 8:15pm so no conflict.