• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Can non-suite guests join suite guests in NEW Suite Dining Room?

lobster129

We often cruise with friends that always book upper level suites. While suites are not in our budget, we often link dining reservations with them for MDR and also specialty restaurant. But they are excited about the new "Suite Restaurant" becoming available in 2015. Will they be permitted to have us join them? Or will they need to dine in MDR or Specialty Restaurant to be able to dine together?

TIA

You are permitted to join (space permitting), and I believe the cost is $50 per guest for dinner.

This is taken directly from the new Celebrity Suite Program brochure:

Will Suite Class guests be able to bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Suite Class exclusive restaurant on a space-available basis by prior reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $20 for breakfast (served from 7am), $35 for brunch (served from 10am) and $50 for dinner (served from 6pm). These fees will be waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting with the Matre’D on embarkation day.

Shawn

Edited by KW Cruisers

You are permitted to join (space permitting), and I believe the cost is $50 per guest for dinner.

Will Suite Class guests be able to bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Suite Class exclusive restaurant on a space-available basis by prior reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $20 for breakfast (served from 7am), $35 for brunch (served from 10am) and $50 for dinner (served from 6pm). These fees will be waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting with the Matre’D on embarkation day.

Shawn

Thank you, Shawn! We booked this cruise a while back (before the new suite dining plan was announced) We might share more specialty dining with them instead, unless there is a multiple day pass at a discounted rate (like there is for Specialty Dining)

I actually was hoping they could "invite" us to join them for dinner....(as they can if we dine in their suite).

Shawn

Availability will no doubt be key,

The announcement actually tells us very little about the restaurant, and some of the details promised are somewhat late in arriving!

When will renderings of the new Suite Class exclusive restaurant be available?

We anticipate May 2014.

When will sample menus for the new Suite Class exclusive restaurant be available?

Our new Suite Class exclusive restaurant’s offerings will be quite exciting and enticing. We anticipate having sample menus available by Fall 2014.

Will just have to wait and see!

And it's most likely that once Suite dining opens up, the In-Suite dining will still be off the MDR menu, otherwise I'd guess they'd add the $50pp fee to in suite guests. Nothing written in black and white so it's just speculation.

I doubt it, as upper level suites (PH, RS, RF suites) get unlimited specialty dining (and premium drink package). They may say "no" but I doubt they would say "yes" for a few.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Why have this perk for those paying the high price for the big suites if anyone "could" dine there for a fee and based on availability? They might as well just make it a specialty restaurant and let anyone have at it, except the suite guests don't pay, just like it will be in the other specialties.

Edited by cruisead

Why have this perk for those paying the high price for the big suites if anyone "could" dine there for a fee and based on availability? They might as well just make it a specialty restaurant and let anyone have at it, except the suite guests don't pay, just like it will be in the other specialties.

The difference is non suite guests would have to come as a guest of suite guests. I also suspect, it will be more like Blu where non Aqu guests can't dine there, except in more exceptional situations, and they seem to have set the price to discourage it accordingly.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

actually not just anyone can do so.. you have to dine with a suite guest. so the average cruiser cannot just pay the fee and dine like they could in a specialty

Regardless of whether other people can dine there, I'm looking forward to it! Unfortunately our next cruise in an RS in two weeks prior to the new suite class restaurant being available. Guess I'll just have to wait until my cruise in August- poor me (I think the world's smallest violin is playing a song for me).

We have recently moved from Aqua class to suites as this is the new perk (we liked having BLU). I've actually only dined once in the MDR--it was an OK experience, the people we met were the biggest plus.

I can't wait to see an rendering of the restaurant and a sample menu!

Shawn