Port Canaveral post cruise... Car from port or from MCO?

dotcomgirl

After our cruise returns to Port Canaveral we will be spending two days in Orlando. Need help with options...

Option 1: Book pre-cruise Port Canaveral hotel fly, snooze, and cruise package. Includes round trip transportation from MCO. After the cruise we would use the hotel transportation to take us back to MCO to pick up rental car. Would rent with Alamo and cost for car would be approx. $100.

Option 2: Wider range of pre-cruise hotel options and use transportation company for one way transport from MCO to hotel. After cruise, use Dollar rent a car at Port Canaveral. Return car two days later to MCO when we fly home. Cost would be approx. $70.

I lean towards option 2, however, I'm a little wary of renting from Dollar.

Suggestions?

Option 2: Wider range of pre-cruise hotel options and use transportation company for one way transport from MCO to hotel. After cruise, use Dollar rent a car at Port Canaveral. Return car two days later to MCO when we fly home. Cost would be approx. $70.

I lean towards option 2, however, I'm a little wary of renting from Dollar.

If I were you (and I'm not) I would go withe the best price you can get. If that means Dollar, save all toll cash receipts from the Beachline (SR 528) as well as the gas station where you fill up by the airport. Demand a receipt from Dollar when You return the car. Refuse the Sunpass option as all tolls are payable in cash. They have a lot of complaints on this forum and Tripadvisor about such things.