Voyager - Dynamic Dining

Has this been discussed before? If so, forgive me.

Executives also announced the Dynamic Dining concept will be spread throughout the fleet, where possible. Coming up: Voyager of the Seas is up next, with a 30-day drydock in Singapore. Oasis of the Seas will have its main restaurant carved into three specific restaurants, available mid-winter. It will also undergo other renovations, including the addition of a Coastal Kitchen restaurant and lounge, both dedicated to suite passengers where the Viking Crown Lounge resided. Allure of the Seas is also on the schedule for Dynamic Dining.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6044

Has this been discussed before? If so, forgive me.

Executives also announced the Dynamic Dining concept will be spread throughout the fleet, where possible. Coming up: Voyager of the Seas is up next, with a 30-day drydock in Singapore. Oasis of the Seas will have its main restaurant carved into three specific restaurants, available mid-winter. It will also undergo other renovations, including the addition of a Coastal Kitchen restaurant and lounge, both dedicated to suite passengers where the Viking Crown Lounge resided. Allure of the Seas is also on the schedule for Dynamic Dining.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6044

Not sure but I think that the reference to Voyager is just about the dry dock and not that it is specifically getting DD.

If you look on the website the deck plans are all updated showing the new cabins and the flowrider yet no mention of DD.

With DD being announced for Oasis and Allure I would have assumed (quite possibly incorrectly) that if they were going to put DD onto Voyageur that they would have made the announcement at the same time. They also came out and specifically announced that Freedom was not getting DD at her drydock in January.

Again IMO it is just a poorly worded/edited article by CC.

I was on waitlist for Tad dining on VOS for April 2015 and then given a Trad dining through C&A so not sure RCI would have made my change if it was going DD so soon after dry dock?

I believe it will eventually change to MTD only though.

We are sailing out of Singapore to Sydney on Voyager in just over 3 weeks,directly after its refurbishment and we still can't book any specialty restaurants for our cruise, my guess is it's more to do with restaurants not being finished in time then Dynamic Dining though [emoji23][emoji23]. At least we are in the 6:30pm sitting in the MDR for the cruise though [emoji2]

David, we have not sailed with Royal Carribean before and when we booked we were put on a waiting list for early dining in MDR. How do we find out if we have a MDR sitting? With Princess, we could keep track of where we were on the waiting list on their website but can't seem to find anything on My Cruise with Royal Carribean.

David, we have not sailed with Royal Carribean before and when we booked we were put on a waiting list for early dining in MDR. How do we find out if we have a MDR sitting? With Princess, we could keep track of where we were on the waiting list on their website but can't seem to find anything on My Cruise with Royal Carribean.

You may not find out until you board it will be on your seas pass card then,by getting put on the waiting list it generally means that the 6:30 MDR is full ,I think they move around tables ETC to try and fit everyone in to the time they ask for

The website does not show your position on the wait list. However, it does show what dining you have, so if you do clear the wait list, the dining time listed on the website will reflect that.

...... when we booked we were put on a waiting list for early dining in MDR. How do we find out if we have a MDR sitting? With Princess, we could keep track of where we were on the waiting list on their website but can't seem to find anything on My Cruise with Royal Carribean.

We are booked on VOS in January 2015. At the time of booking, we were placed on a waitlist for 6 pm Traditional Dining. A couple of days after booking I checked My Cruises and it went from showing My Time Dining to Traditional Dining 18:00, No waiting list. They hadn't previously shown a waitlist number like Princess.

Just log into My Cruises, Holiday Summary, page down to Preferences and Requests and it will show Dinner Seating.

Your payment schedule will probably include the prepayment of gratuities when final payment is due if you are recorded as having MTD. If you are allocated Traditional Dining, prior to final payment, you can ring RCL and have these removed before making the payment, so you don't have to pay as much upfront, months ahead. They will of course be added to your daily shipboard account.

Edited by joll

Not sure but I think that the reference to Voyager is just about the dry dock and not that it is specifically getting DD.

If you look on the website the deck plans are all updated showing the new cabins and the flowrider yet no mention of DD.

With DD being announced for Oasis and Allure I would have assumed (quite possibly incorrectly) that if they were going to put DD onto Voyageur that they would have made the announcement at the same time. They also came out and specifically announced that Freedom was not getting DD at her drydock in January.

Again IMO it is just a poorly worded/edited article by CC.

I think I agree with you about this. With updated deck plans out, Royal would have already made the official announcement.

Also, regarding the deck plans, it appears they changed the 3 dining room names all to "Sapphire Dining Room" (which is the same thing they did to Navigator's MDR)? Why would they have gone to the trouble of changing the three names if they were planning on changing them again to the DD names? Seems to prove Navigator will not be getting DD.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Hi Joll, Tina and Trevor if I am reading a previous post by you correctly. Thanks for that. Our names are Tina and Jeff and we live at Mango Hill so not far away from you. We did have to pay gratuities upfront as we were My Time Dining. The preferences show Traditional Dining but I thought I had filled that section in myself as my preferences. Thanks for the info and hope we get to meet on the ship.

We have received confirmation from Royal Caribbean that Voyager of the Seas will NOT be getting Dynamic Dining.

Here is the statement they sent us: "Dynamic Dining is a strategic initiative for Royal Caribbean and based on the positive response from our guests, it is our intention to implement this program when possibly across as many of our ships as part of our Royal Advantage program – our ongoing commitment to offer the best experience in the industry to our guests. At this time, there are no plans to implement Dynamic Dining on Voyager of the Seas during their upcoming dry docks due to certain limitations including time restrictions. We will continue to communicate any implementation of Dynamic Dining across the rest of the Royal Caribbean fleet as those decisions are made."

We have received confirmation from Royal Caribbean that Voyager of the Seas will NOT be getting Dynamic Dining.

Here is the statement they sent us: "Dynamic Dining is a strategic initiative for Royal Caribbean and based on the positive response from our guests, it is our intention to implement this program when possibly across as many of our ships as part of our Royal Advantage program – our ongoing commitment to offer the best experience in the industry to our guests. At this time, there are no plans to implement Dynamic Dining on Voyager of the Seas during their upcoming dry docks due to certain limitations including time restrictions. We will continue to communicate any implementation of Dynamic Dining across the rest of the Royal Caribbean fleet as those decisions are made."

Thanks for the update.

What I do find odd though is that they said the same exact response to someone asking if freedom would be getting DD. They also said it was due to time restraints. However, they redid the MDR on Oasis for DD in only a two week drydock. :confused:

I feel like there's definitely others reasons. Most likely they want to test it on the big ships before implementing it on the others.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a post today on the roll call for the Voyager cruise leaving Singapore on Nov 25. They said they had received an email from RCI stating that Voyager is getting Dynamic Dining... So anyone's guess i think....

Edited by shazzygirl67