• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

I just found a HAL laundry tag

sppunk

Something was scratching my collar area and I found it was a HAL laundry tag.

It's the little things in life that remind me how much we love being on the ocean. :)

I have found more of those than I can count.

It always leaves a little smile on your face doesn't it?

I really like finding them as they bring back such great memories. When packing for another cruise though I usually try to remove any that may still be there on our clothing. Sometimes miss DH but he doesn't even notice.

Helen

It's the little things in life that remind me how much we love being on the ocean. :)

On the Prinsendam they were on the bottom of garments. On the Veendam, they were on the collars.

Any reason, do you think?

On the Prinsendam they were on the bottom of garments. On the Veendam, they were on the collars.

Any reason, do you think?

There's no consistency. Even on the same ship---same trip!---I have found the tags in different places.

Drives me nuts, since I want to remove all the tags before I hang the clothes up. Sometimes it takes forever to find the hiding place this time. :rolleyes:

Curse on World Voyage passengers!

Take a World Voyage of 100 days. Good chance every garment has been through the laundry literally dozen of times. Waistbands start to destroy elastic and the take on a neck collar gets a build-up of glue and your shirts are destroyed. They should be put on the fly of a shirt or other similar places. If you mind.... put a note on the laundry list. Might do the trick.

Stephen

Thanks for the smile = every now and then find a tag and have to take a moment to fondly remember. On one cruise, we had exceptional laundry service so my DH wanted to tip the staff -turns out there were 6 people who did nothing but guest laundry - could account for finding tags here, there and everywhere while on a cruise. It is almost a game of 'find the tag' isn't it.

Wow! So funny DH just found the tag on his t- shirt and asked me what I put on his tag! He, he! Told him "Its time to book another cruise".

Take a World Voyage of 100 days. Good chance every garment has been through the laundry literally dozen of times. Waistbands start to destroy elastic and the take on a neck collar gets a build-up of glue and your shirts are destroyed. They should be put on the fly of a shirt or other similar places. If you mind.... put a note on the laundry list. Might do the trick.

Stephen

I would "suffer" the consequences of the above if I were ever so fortunate to be able to go on a world cruise!!!

Stephen

Good idea. Do you really think the guy who puts on the tag can read English? I kind of doubt it, no more that I could read his language.

Good idea. Do you really think the guy who puts on the tag can read English? I kind of doubt it, no more that I could read his language.

Someone read it somewhere because it used to be on collars and mostly on fly of shirts etc.

All is the right comments to Hotel Manager. Things do happen. Back in early 90s all of HAL laundry was in paper bags. One Hotel Manager said to me.... "You are just copy what Cunard does." Took many of times to comment that paper was a waste of paper and the paper bags tear and laundry gets lot. Obviously it was not only me that made the comments!

Someone read it somewhere because it used to be on collars and mostly on fly of shirts etc.

All is the right comments to Hotel Manager. Things do happen. Back in early 90s all of HAL laundry was in paper bags. One Hotel Manager said to me.... "You are just copy what Cunard does." Took many of times to comment that paper was a waste of paper and the paper bags tear and laundry gets lot. Obviously it was not only me that made the comments!

I haven't had any problems having anything read to laundry or my stewards.

I will mark a note and it is always followed:D After 30 days on the Prinsendam, all I can say is great job on the laundry:)

I remember those brown paper bags they returned folded laundry in. The baskets are very much better. :) Thanks for being persistent in suggesting it. We all get to enjoy the nice service the basket provides. :)

Its not always a happy circumstance finding a laundry tag. There I was last week on the Celebrity Century with its expensive laundry and no laundry package, handwashing my DH's shirt in their small basin. What did I see - a HAL laundry tag, sigh - one of the little things I missed being on Celebrity instead of HAL. Don't get me wrong thoroughly enjoyed my cruise but its those little things on HAL (eg tea/coffee trolley in the Lido and cheery staff) that I missed.