• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Power Adapter

Just got a catalogue from Aldi they have a power adapter with 4 interchangeable international plugs to two Aussie outlets and 4 USB ports for $20 starts Wednesday if anyone's after an adapter.

Thanks. I might just have to go and get one. Sounds good.

Just got a catalogue from Aldi they have a power adapter with 4 interchangeable international plugs to two Aussie outlets and 4 USB ports for $20 starts Wednesday if anyone's after an adapter.

I checked the specs and it doesn't look like it has a surge protector which is good. I know Carnival does not allow boards with surge protectors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I checked the specs and it doesn't look like it has a surge protector which is good. I know Carnival does not allow boards with surge protectors.

There's no mention of surge protection on either the ad or the website, I think that they'd include it if it was, as an additional selling point.

Just in case anyone was wondering - this is where you can pick up your naughty items on the way out of the terminal near the baggage pickup. Mainly power boards at a quick glance. We had a small multi-tool screwdriver/allen key thing (which is always in the backpack) that is now in the mail on its way home. :) You can see how small it is in the officer's hand. We didn't argue when they wanted to take it, as it was just in the bag from previous land trips. They give you a receipt to your room after confiscating it and you pick it up on the way out.

Yes, that is an iron in the foreground on the table.

naughtytable.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

Good question Gut, we explained there was no knife and carry it all the time, but they just said nope, and we had been waiting long enough at White bay by that time and just wanted to get going.

Aussie Lozzie, I would guess one of the industrial bins nearby, but we shall try and ask and get back on that if we find out.

Edited by goodycruising

Good question Gut, we explained there was no knife and carry it all the time, but they just said nope, and we had been waiting long enough at White bay by that time and just wanted to get going.

Aussie Lozzie, I would guess one of the industrial bins nearby, but we shall try and ask and get back on that if we find out.

Airport security took my tooth brush once as they thought it could be used as a weapon. I think they seen too many prison films.:D

Airport security took my tooth brush once as they thought it could be used as a weapon. I think they seen too many prison films.:D

Yep, but they let me take a fountain pen on, go figure:confused:. But a ship taking an allen key and screwdriver:eek:

Just in case anyone was wondering - this is where you can pick up your naughty items on the way out of the terminal near the baggage pickup. Mainly power boards at a quick glance.

Same thing when I came back on Century. Though there it looked like the majority were irons.

Looks like Aldi are doing a recall on the adapter:confused:

Took one to the checkout and it wouldn't scan, so the checkout guy went off and came back with the info that head office will not allow them to be sold today and said come back on Saturday.

Took one to the checkout and it wouldn't scan, so the checkout guy went off and came back with the info that head office will not allow them to be sold today and said come back on Saturday.

It's probably just as well if there is something wrong with them. There were would be nothing worse than blowing the fuses on a cruise or worse still starting a fire.

Just been told by Aldi that they had to pull the plug on these [pun intended].

Goodness, I hope no-one actually got one. wouldn't want any one to get hurt or have it cause damage.:eek:

They shouldn't have even advertised it if it wasn't compliant. It is still on the website.

They officially say that they do not know when or if they will be available.

The customer service dept is downright rude and when I rang to find out what is going on they told me is was none of my business.