Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
ddbaab53

Best of 6 Islands to Snorkel in Feb.

We will be cruising in Feb. 2015 and visiting St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Croix and Falmouth Jamaica. We know form past experience that there is good snorkeling in St. Maarten so we were trying to see if one of these other islands would be good or do we need to just plan on St. Maarten. We have our own equipment so that leaves us open to other suggestions. We are older and my hubby has a bad back so easy access is also something for us to consider.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Al & Diane

For beach entry snorkeling, I think you can't beat Coki Beach on St. Thomas. It is an easy cab ride from the port. The entry area is a little rocky but I had no trouble. Our group snorkeled their in September this past year and it was terrific!

We will be cruising in Feb. 2015 and visiting St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Croix and Falmouth Jamaica. We know form past experience that there is good snorkeling in St. Maarten so we were trying to see if one of these other islands would be good or do we need to just plan on St. Maarten. We have our own equipment so that leaves us open to other suggestions. We are older and my hubby has a bad back so easy access is also something for us to consider.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Al & Diane

St. Thomas/St. John, Antigua, and St. Croix all have much better snorkeling than St. Maarten! ;)

LuLu

agree with above post.. all are better than st. Martaan... st. Thomas would be a good choice

Thank you all so much...we have been to St. Thomas several times so I was glad to see that would be a good place to look at. We have not been over to St. John so that might be something different for us as well.

Thanks so much!!:)

Edited by ddbaab53

I'll be at Falmouth in May. Any good snorkeling near there? I'm hoping not to spend 40 minutes by taxi getting to the "other" cruise ports.

I'll be at Falmouth in May. Any good snorkeling near there? I'm hoping not to spend 40 minutes by taxi getting to the "other" cruise ports.

Jamaica does not have the really good snorkeling. :o

LuLu

LuLu

I had read the same thing about Haiti. Over-fishing. Makes sense. Maybe Blue Hole would be fun.

LuLu

How is the water temp. in mid Feb. in Mexico ports ? Do you need wet suits to do it at that time of year ?