suite guarantee

mysaddlebred000

A friend called last night and asked if I knew anything about doing a suite guarantee. He knew we always book suites on Princess but I could not help him since I never have booked a guarantee.

This is on a ship with window suites. He booked the guarantee but really wants a suite with a balcony. There is no way we could stay in one of the window suites because I need to be on a balcony for my morning coffee and my before dinner cocktail and frequently in between. I told him no one really knows how they are done but it usually depends on availability and demand. And I would assume they are selected close to sailing and not before final payment.

So, if any of you have ever booked a suite guarantee, what type of a cabin did you get? And when was it assigned?

thanks

Several years ago I booked a suite guarantee. I got a room assigned I don't remember when but it was soon after I booked and it was in the category I paid for a window suite. I last looked at the booking about 3 days before the cruise and I was in the same window suite but, when I arrived at the pier I had been upgraded to the Grand Suite it was only a one day cruise but it was a nice surprise.

When you book a GTY, it is for a specific category and you will get a cabin assigned in that category or a higher category.

So if the GTY was for a window suite, then that may be what is assigned, but it could be for a regular suite.

If the GTY is for a regular suite, then a window suite will not be assigned.