"LIVE" from the Navigator of the Seas - November 9, 2014

Just came across your Live postings for this trip. My wife and I will be doing the same cruise (only in reverse order) in February. This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise and your information has been very helpful. Thank you for doing this.

Good morning and welcome to Day 6!

This mornings photos taken while I enjoyed some coffee on Deck 4

AF57858F-6AC4-4E2D-ABC7-93E294AC5DF7_zpsvwitpveb.jpg

We got off the ship yesterday for about an hour and walked around the port area. This was my second time stopping in Falmouth, but I didn't get off the ship the first time we stopped. The port area is very clean. Picked up a few souvenirs and stopped in Diamonds International to price a Movado watch I've had my eye on for awhile. Other than the duty free tax benefit, their pricing was not very aggressive.

My one lone photo of the port shopping area

472AF90A-21EB-4136-B8C2-DC6EB0AFFEE5_zpswzuhubca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Next time in Falmouth and need to kill time especially when doing reviews, go to the second floor of Diamonds International and get free wifi, free drink and a comfy chair.

Edited by SULROSS

I would rate lunch at Giovanni's as "very good", but plan on two hours for this meal. They start with salads and appetizers. Then serve pastas, and a main course. I have been walking around for hours trying to digest this meal to no avail. I may not be able to do dinner this evening! 😳

Appetizer of fried shrimp, calamari, zucchini, and some type of white fish. After bread, Cesar salad and this platter, I was already full

80DB4328-9C81-4F3B-8147-82E7E4011E7F_zpsn3nsu2wq.jpg

Then my main course, chicken stuffed with ricotta mushrooms and wrapped in prosciutto ! Delicious

EB7C99BD-F20F-4351-9B70-EDE2ACADDF18_zpsqxai9dip.jpg

DD had the strip steak, which I also sampled

1B067D13-134F-4B08-9D2D-36BDB6E27E60_zpsteymvko4.jpg

Then lasagna, risotto gnocchi UGH!!!!

8ADAE515-24A0-4CE6-B67C-DDF50F2BA434_zpsrjoixkwf.jpg

In my state of food coma delirium, I somehow managed to eat this also...

80EF9725-BBC3-4EF6-96BE-EB8DF5A370C0_zpsunoz7inm.jpg

The only thing I didn't care for was the gnocchi in blue cheese, it was kindof overdone and mushy...

A photo at the entrance of Giovanni's

10652307-8181-48CD-9B0D-D0AD8A0FF22F_zpsnekz6hpq.jpg

Izumi. No, I won't be eating here. In fact, I may not be hungry again until next Tuesday.

1D46D072-B66D-4944-BFA6-271539FE9466_zpswltavkyq.jpg

3D8A7081-1A08-470D-8A5D-6D58A2972E74_zpsksojpiil.jpg

Chops....

8EC44DFD-85C1-4C70-93A5-DA9F316F4AF4_zpst82xnhn1.jpg

All of the specialty restaurants with the exception of Sabor have stunning views, but the meal at Sabor more than compensated for the lack of view

A0FE7F37-2B18-4538-B28C-CCD19DC0C216_zps0kpv3tfd.jpg

Diamond lounge...

70DEE532-25BD-4399-BD15-5EB48AF6BBF9_zpsgiadstc4.jpg

4C18214B-E89A-4CA7-AB0F-E80B85F30A52_zpshppsenln.jpg

CAA9C314-8F38-4DE7-8192-A0C55499504D_zpsf4vmr4w9.jpg

Outdoor seating at diamond lounge

D8BEE66F-75D0-4D9D-A2BC-73F769C1A467_zpsxivat6jz.jpg

The view from the area

54EDE3F0-0258-40B1-9E31-4FD3791683BF_zpsqyggxrij.jpg

We do not frequent the lounge often, if ever. Most of the people we travel with are not diamond level yet, and we prefer their company to a free beverage. 😄 the free beverages loaded to your sea pass card are a welcome change!

"

- there are no free pours in the bars on this ship. I thought perhaps this was something unique to Navigator due to Texas liquor laws, and expected things to change when we hit international waters. Nope. All drink pours are now measured in the hour glass shaped thingamajig. My piña colada was so weak, I ordered another shot of dark rum to pour on top of it, which priced out my one beverage at $14.00. The drink package is starting to look more appealing if this becomes a fleet wide trend. I am still trying to get confirmation on what is included--have been to 2 bars already, all they can tell me is how much it costs. For the poster looking to find out if the Champagne is included, I'll keep looking"

I had the best pina colada - ever - in the Viking Crown Lounge on the NOS in April! Could depend on the bartender tho :D

Really enjoying your posts, thank you!

Edited by Jessejo

What a Awesome review. We are going on the NOS in April 2015. Was trying to figure out which Specialty Restaurant to go to Sabor's or Chops. Man that Sabor's looks Fantastic!!!

We are staying in GS do they offer the valet luggage service there. That is so nice not seeing your luggage till you get home.

We have a different itinerary but doesn't matter we are on a cruise :D

the "shot of the day" is no longer available in the souvenir glasses in the MDR. I asked if they were available at all, but the bar server looked confused and shook his head. I will inquire again this evening. Very disturbing!

They must have changed cause in may we had the shot of the day. We got 2 different types of glasses, but the bartendar had no problem coming over once we told him we wanted after dinner shots

Your review is great! I see you posted Monday night football on the big screen.

Do you know if they showed Sunday night football on embarkation day?

Yes, there were games showing during the day when we boarded, as well as the Sunday night game.

Has anybody mentioned smelling a horrible odor on the aft area of the ship? We had corner aft balcony cabin 7688 9/28/14 and have the same cabin on our 12/07 sailing. In Sept we encountered a horrible odor on the balcony and the entire aft area just wondering if the problem has been fixed.