Connie TA

Orator

Currently on Connie. TA departed from Naples rather than Civi due to high winds. Departing passengers needed to be bused from Naples to FCO and passengers for TA bused from FCO to ship. Very difficult process but Celebrity received high marks for their effort. I paid for Celebrity transportation from airport to ship and that amount was refunded. Celebrity transported guest who booked private transportation from FCO to Naples at no charge. Some declined the offer and went to Naples on their own. Ship left late, but made first port. Some rough seas today and I notice the white bages being placed in the elevators. Great group of people on this cruise.captain Nicholas will be replaced by Captain Tasos in a few days.

Hi ORATOR,

Thanks for the LIVE Report from The Constellation

Will be watching your TA Cruise (here on CC - with Marine Traffic etc) with great interest as we are on the Connie in December.

Knew that Captain Tasos was currently onboard (he seems to be a great / fun guy... we met him on our first Celebrity Cruise on The Solstice in 2012 ... Was Staff Cptn on that cruise)

Here's hoping the weather improves greatly for the rest of your crossing

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

It's been reported Eclipse is holding in Funchal for 2 days, skipping Bermuda due to rough Atlantic seas. Hope yours goes better.

Cle-guy

Where did you find that information?

From the Madeira ship movements web site it states:

'12 CELEBRITY ECLIPSE » JFM 11:15 18:00 Southampton New York'

I can only suppose that you thought that because she arrives in NY on the 18th Nov, she must be in Madeira longer. The SW route is longer, but doesn't suffer from the extreme weather( normally/ hopefully)

Edited by upwarduk

Currently on Connie. TA departed from Naples rather than Civi due to high winds. Departing passengers needed to be bused from Naples to FCO and passengers for TA bused from FCO to ship. Very difficult process but Celebrity received high marks for their effort. I paid for Celebrity transportation from airport to ship and that amount was refunded. Celebrity transported guest who booked private transportation from FCO to Naples at no charge. Some declined the offer and went to Naples on their own. Ship left late, but made first port. Some rough seas today and I notice the white bages being placed in the elevators. Great group of people on this cruise.captain Nicholas will be replaced by Captain Tasos in a few days.

Sorry to hear about the complications Charles.

Please say hi to Captain Niko from us. We will miss him on the Dec 13 sailing. Ask about his new baby.

Tom

Cle-guy

Where did you find that information?

From the Madeira ship movements web site it states:

'12 CELEBRITY ECLIPSE » JFM 11:15 18:00 Southampton New York'

I can only suppose that you thought that because she arrives in NY on the 18th Nov, she must be in Madeira longer. The SW route is longer, but doesn't suffer from the extreme weather( normally/ hopefully)

From this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2124963

But I misread it missing the NYC part, thinking it was 2 days in Funchal, not 2 days extra travel time.