Weight Loss Diet Program?

Are there still any cruises or cruise groups for people who want to lose a few pounds? I know that there are lots of fitness themes and I enjoy the exercise opportunities. It's the diet that is a problem. I don't think that I can trust myself around all the temptations. There used to be some programs a few years ago, but I have been looking and can't find any now.

Maybe if I had a group I was going with, but on my own I know I can't resist for seven whole days. I need some kind of separate dining. Or a group to travel with that can keep each other accountable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• 2 months later...

You may want to consider a cruise on Celebrity in an Aqua Class Stateroom. You'll have access to Blu which gives you healthier dining options. There is also the Aqua Spa café for breakfast and lunch with healthier dining options.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You aren't going to go to thwart weight loss progress in one week. I try to eat healthy and exercise at home. But when i'm on vacation, i'm on vacation!

Last cruise, I gained 4 pounds - must have been all the pina coladas :D I ate what I wanted and drank what I wanted and I enjoyed my cruise.

Returned to normal eating and exercise when I returned and the extra pounds were gone within the week.

• 6 months later...
Are there still any cruises or cruise groups for people who want to lose a few pounds? I know that there are lots of fitness themes and I enjoy the exercise opportunities. It's the diet that is a problem. I don't think that I can trust myself around all the temptations. There used to be some programs a few years ago, but I have been looking and can't find any now.

Maybe if I had a group I was going with, but on my own I know I can't resist for seven whole days. I need some kind of separate dining. Or a group to travel with that can keep each other accountable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Some ideas: You might check the roll calls for the cruises you are considering and see if you can find a partner(s) to plan and meet for meals. Alternatively, although more expensive, would be to connect via internet with your support at home to discuss each day's meal plans. I follow a plant based diet and received a lot of assistance from the dining room supervisor in planning my meals on the Getaway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/1/2017 at 2:15 PM, REGoebel said:

My sister was overweight but now she already lose her weight.

Your sister is great!
Before you go on any kind of diet, I would recommend that you have a doctor checkup, because sometimes you can’t lose weight, because your metabolism is slowed down due to problems with the thyroid gland or something is wrong with your hormones. ..

• 2 months later...

I know with Princess, they offer "Lotus Spa" choices in the main dining rooms, and a cheese plate for dessert, so there are healthy/healthier choices around to make.  As for an actual group, you might find some people in the workout area on the first day that would want to be accountability partners.  I would not be one of those people.... HAH!

• 1 month later...

SeaDream offers a "Raw Food" menu inspired by Hippocrates Health Institute.

A raw food diet generally consists of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and sprouted/soaked grains/legumes that have not been heated over 118 degrees. The diet is phenomenal for both weight loss and detoxification! 

Coupled with the yoga/Tai Chi, fitness room, and general exploring, I'm sure you'd shed some pounds. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:13 PM, luxecruisers said:

SeaDream offers a "Raw Food" menu inspired by Hippocrates Health Institute.

The Hippocrates Health Institute is controversial for giving patients false hope about treating cancer with "natural" methods that are unproven and implausible despite claims otherwise[...]
Brian Clement and his institute have been directly criticized for promoting a number of ineffective treatments, including ones claimed to "reverse" cancerand multiple sclerosis. He is not a medical doctor. His treatments have been widely criticized as ineffective and possibly dangerous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocrates_Health_Institute

Sounds legit.

Edited by onetimearoundtheworld
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2020 at 2:02 AM, onetimearoundtheworld said:

Not vouching for Hippocrates Health Institute, but definitely vouching for detox and weight loss on a raw food diet from first hand experience. It's a common element in detox/diet programs at spas around the world. 

At SeaDream's price point, I'm sure they have put in their due diligence. 

Edited by luxecruisers