Carnival ships with non-standard balconies for a family of 4?

UncleInci

My wife and I are balcony snobs - there I said. :p

We have done a full suite, regular balconies, extended, aft, and even an aft wrap - loved 'em all!

However, now that we are a family of 4 - it seems all the "premium" balcony rooms only go up to 3 people max. That said, I haven't checked every deck plan (yet).

So, my question: Is there a carnival ship that does have non standard balcony room capable of holding 4? And if not, I guess the next best strategy is to also book an interior and split the family across two rooms?

My wife and I are balcony snobs - there I said. :p

We have done a full suite, regular balconies, extended, aft, and even an aft wrap - loved 'em all!

However, now that we are a family of 4 - it seems all the "premium" balcony rooms only go up to 3 people max. That said, I haven't checked every deck plan (yet).

So, my question: Is there a carnival ship that does have non standard balcony room capable of holding 4? And if not, I guess the next best strategy is to also book an interior and split the family across two rooms?

We are a family of four also. I know what you mean, there are definitely not as many available! We are booked in an extended balcony on the Pride for August.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We do family vacations. I always book my DD and family in a balcony for 4. They are out there. We have sailed or have booked Miracle, Magic, and Triumph so that is three classes of ships. The younger DD have to share a room either next door or across the hall. There is no way I want to share a room with two teenagers and DH.

You can always book 2 standard staterooms and remove the partition. On some sailings, the difference in price compared to stuffing 4 people in one stateroom can be minimal. We did it for our summer cruise (we have 2 small children, ages 4 and 2), and the difference in price was a whopping $40! We had one cabin set up as the "play area" and the other cabin was the "quiet area". The connecting door remained open during the entire cruise, (unless one adult wanted to nap while the other adult watched over the kids). BEST cruise related decision I've made in a long time! Double the space, 2 bathrooms, and more square footage than a comparable junior suite! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

You may want to check the 9B cabins on any of the Spirit class ships. We had one about three years ago and loved it. They are next to the rear elevators (no noise issues). The room and balcony is much larger than the standard rooms/balconies. There are only a very few per ship and only 50% of them sleep four. I think you will like them too!

7301 on spirit class holds 4 & has a larger balcony. I think its a 9b. Looks like a nice room & a bit cheaper than suite. Im sure there is a room on the other side of the ship thats the same. Ck it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice room, but it's not the only balcony that holds 3 or 4. There are dozens of them throughout the ship on Spirit class.

NOT like this:

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

OP is looking for a non standard balcony. there are only three of those balconies on the spirit class.

ONLY 6232 holds 4 people. it is the ONLY balcony like that on the entire ship that holds 4 people

We stayed in a cat 9B on the miracle with four people.

it was quite comfortable.

The cabin seems to be in more of a square shape so it was much easier to maneuver in the cabin and feel like you had a lot of extra room!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are a family of 4 also and I hate that most of the "great unusual" cabins will not accommodate us. Our favorite cabin by far has been 5340 on the Sunshine. This is an OS cabin, but it has 2 rooms. Only 5340 and 5341 on the Sunshine are like this. The balcony was the aft wrap when it was Destiny, but is now just a larger aft balcony. This room was just perfect for our family. The storage was great and our kids loved having their own tv. I would sail on the Sunshine again in a heartbeat just to have this room.

NOT like this:

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

OP is looking for a non standard balcony. there are only three of those balconies on the spirit class.

ONLY 6232 holds 4 people. it is the ONLY balcony like that on the entire ship that holds 4 people

Triple length extended balcony in 180 sq feet of glory :D. There are actually 6 of these kind on the spirit class but three are designated handicapped rooms for two people so that leaves two 2 person rooms and 6232 which holds 4 people.

Edited by n6uqqq

6232. We've had that room 3 times. Standard size room but big balcony.

Funny, that is the exact "bowling alley" room we book on our last cruise! Great balcony to enjoy while watching the scenery roll by in Alaska. We really liked the Spirit class ships a lot. Sounds like that class of ship has the most of what we are looking for from other comments. Always did want to go visit Australia.....

Come and visit :) but don't just come for a spirit class cruise....far to much to be seen on land...and in the sea (not on the sea) ;)

Last and only time I was in Australia, I flew into Sydney to work on a factory problem in Crows Nest. I took a taxi to the harbor, had a quick look at the bridge and opera house while waiting for a company rep, went to the factory, busted arse for 48 hrs and then went back to the airport to head back to Singapore - not much of a "fun" trip.

The current "plan" is in a year or so to take a month off (or two) and head on down and visit some friends we've made through the years. The cruise would just be icing on the cake! :)

This is 6279 on the Pride. Not the best pics and pardon the mess. The balcony is a larger extended balcony, though not as long as the bowling alley balconies. It had 2 loungers sideways on it as you can see in one pic and a table and reclining upright chair and regular chair as well and there was still room for our little one to run around.

10494519_10204945116535787_5421567409752625_n.jpg

1470415_10204945169137102_3303555156179077725_n.jpg

10544380_10204945106855545_821672313485045598_n.jpg

While I know you are looking for a non-standard balcony that will fit four (and we have had 6232 w 4 of us - great balcony) to get a bit more room and privacy on the Spirit class ships you can always go for the forward balcony rooms that are adjoined to an inside: for example, 6108/6112, 7105/7107, 5108/5106. This will give you a regular balcony, but save money on an inside that is adjoined by connecting doors inside the cabins.