If you could change one thing...

maxout

If you could change one thing about how HAL has changed over the years, what would it be? For me it would be to restore the staffing levels in all areas to their former levels.

I agree but if I had another choice it would be better food qualities in all venues.

If you could change one thing about how HAL has changed over the years, what would it be? For me it would be to restore the staffing levels in all areas to their former levels.

I'd want cappuccino to be free at dinner.

But there was no beverage cart on Prinsendam, no table service of any kind. No one providing beverages, missing silverware or any other needs. I was shocked how little staff was in the Lido. On the serving lines there were two or three very hard working crew members who attempted to personalize omelets and other foods. They needed a couple more and they needed many to work tableside.

I disagree totally that the lido service is adequate and I disagree the HAL service is comparable to other mass market lines. Princess has a large crew in the Horizon Court working the tables.

I don't look for HAL to raise prices much if at all, they know their market and the price point needed to fill cabins.

I'm surprised at this. We were on her from Sept. 21 - Oct. 21st/14. (and two previous cruises as well. There was definitely a beverage cart and good service. Lots of silverware, etc.

We are not normally Lido fans, but we do enjoy it on this ship:D

Now, my wish - the Pinnacle brings back it's lobster and Steak Diane.

Sadly to bring back the food and service levels of even the 90's prices would have to go up.

I'm attaching a clipping from a 1995 issue of Cruise Travel showing the Caribbean Cruise season- Wow...... don't see any $199 or $299 fares there.

Too much capacity.....

Capture.jpg.390a215310ce0bcb60592996817d565b.jpg

Edited by frankc98376

Sadly to bring back the food and service levels of even the 90's prices would have to go up.

I'm attaching a clipping from a 1995 issue of Cruise Travel showing the Caribbean Cruise season- Wow...... don't see any $199 or $299 fares there.

Too much capacity.....

--:eek:-wow, thats amazing, we forget how more the fares where,, as i remeber my first HAL cruise on the old rotterdam in 1988, was over 1200 each for an outside- we had to save up---interesting:rolleyes:but as i sit here ,,, that could have included AIR, but still that would have been 900 each and that was 26 yrs ago

Edited by maxie99

Another vote to return Steak Diane and Lobster, along with the other Flambe items to the Pinnacle Grill menu. And, return no cost cappuccino in the MDR for all meals. (I have never understood its removal: they used a machine in the galley to make it; how much product cost or productivity time does it cost for a Steward to stand there, push a button, and get the product?)