Bypassing the negatives - Quantum is drop dead gorgeous

Honestly Quantum of the Seas is drop dead gorgeous, she has class, she has style, she has amazing artwork, she really is a stunning ship.

Quantum of the seas is not my cup of tea as I love a Royal Caribbean ship with a Royal Promenade, Inch of Gold & $10 sales but that does not mean that the ship's beauty did not make me smile and go WOW.:D

Artwork on ships do not ever normally make me excited but on Quantum I loved the piece called Waves of Light by Soo Sunny Park and adored all the Butterflies around the ship.

I loved my cabin (13138 D3) although it was a bittie to near the front for me during the rough seas :o

Two70 is an amazing area with a fabulous view.

Music Hall although a bit dark is a great spot to dance the night away.

Ok on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage there were a lot of glitches but they did not take away from the beauty of this ship.

Hopefully the Robotic Bar is now working and maybe very soon Royal iQ will be available for Android users.

I actually like Dynamic Dining although not a fan of booking in advance, I do though like how guests will be able to go along to Silk/Chic/The Grande & American Icon Grill and still enjoy the decor and ambience of the restaurant while being able to choose from the alternative menu if nothing on the normal menu suits them.

I loved my dinner in Chops, finally I got the steak I had been craving for a long time and the Mud Pie dessert was oh so scrummy yummy.

American Icon Grill was great for lunch and dinner. The Chicken & Waffles with Cheese Sauce etc sounded odd to me but oh it was so tasty.

As I had been ill for the first 3 days I ate a lot in the WJ as I was not up to sitting for a couple of hours in a restaurant and it was also easier/better for me to choose a few light items in the WJ.

Mamma Mia was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see it again on the Allure next year.

I was terrified of doing the Ripcord IFly but my cabin mate booked it for us and ....we did it...oh my giddy aunt I still cannot believe I did it. I never do sporty,scary events on ships but oh wow I am so glad I did this.

I am sure when all the glitches are fixed, Quantum of the Seas will be a huge hit.

I will post some pics although I do not have many pics, I was enjoying myself so much talking with the great folks from our roll call instead of taking pics.

To all future Quantum cruisers, smooth sailing, happy times and most of all, enjoy the fabulous Quantum of the Seas :D

To all future Quantum cruisers, smooth sailing, happy times and most of all, enjoy the fabulous Quantum of the Seas :D

This is a really classy post. I have read every post on cc regarding Q, both negative and positive, and have posted many things in support of the negatives that were being discussed on other threads. You have my respect for looking at both ends of the spectrum if you also have positive things to share as well.

I know personally I have some high expectations for my Q sailing, and having had 5 awesome sailings (service, food, etc) in the last 2 years I want Q to surpass all of those! so I am likely going to be critical if things don't go better than average for me (especially paying 3 times normal for a Caribbean cruise).

Much respect to you for your balance arguments and posts in all the threads so far, and again big time thank you for your contributions in the "live" thread! :D:D:D

This is a really classy post. I have read every post on cc regarding Q, both negative and positive, and have posted many things in support of the negatives that were being discussed on other threads. You have my respect for looking at both ends of the spectrum if you also have positive things to share as well.

I know personally I have some high expectations for my Q sailing, and having had 5 awesome sailings (service, food, etc) in the last 2 years I want Q to surpass all of those! so I am likely going to be critical if things don't go better than average for me (especially paying 3 times normal for a Caribbean cruise).

Much respect to you for your balance arguments and posts in all the threads so far, and again big time thank you for your contributions in the "live" thread! :D:D:D

Thank you for your kind words :o

The glitches we endured did not put me off cruising with Royal Caribbean, yes I was upset by them but that did not stop me from having fun with new friends and meeting up with old friends again.

To me personally the people I cruise with mean a lot to me, if you like the cruise comes second.

We had a fabulous M&M (largest ever).

62 of us enjoyed our very own Masquerade Dinner in The Grande.

We even had a Flash Mob Surprise Marriage Proposal.

We laughed, we cried, we smiled and yes I frowned when things didn't work how RCCL had said they would but still I think Quantum is beautiful.

I actually like Dynamic Dining although not a fan of booking in advance, I do though like how guests will be able to go along to Silk/Chic/The Grande & American Icon Grill and still enjoy the decor and ambience of the restaurant while being able to choose from the alternative menu if nothing on the normal menu suits them.

Wait so there is an alternative menu? I thought I read somewhere that there was not.

Love your review and your pictures. Thank you so much...

Thank you :D

I am going to try post more pics soon, juggling between ones on my phone and some from my camera.

I really wanted to let people know that despite the problems we had on the Maiden Voyage, Quantum is still an incredible ship.

Liz, you are one terrific lady and your review was very refreshing. I'm sorry that things weren't perfect on your cruise, but glad you were able to see beyond the hiccups and still have a good time. Sorry you got sea sick.

Thank you Patti for your kind words :o

You know me I shoot from the hip...ok sometimes open my mouth when I should duct tape it but I wanted future Quantum guests to know that the ship itself wasn't the problem ..if that makes sense. It was the glitches that Royal should have found/discovered/tested before the first revenue sailing that caused the upset. I was upset with RCCL, not the actual ship.

I have a feeling you are going to love your cruises on Quantum and I will keep my fingers crossed everything will be working for you all.

This photo was taken from my room at the Holiday Inn Southampton (room 505), my first view of the Quantum of the Seas.

SAM_2410_zps7935623d.jpg

We had a fantastic Pre Cruise Get Together at the Holiday Inn, with over 90 members of the roll call meeting up for the first time. Many thanks to Bob (Eshop) for making all the arrangements and name tags for us all.

Sadly I don't have any pics from that event as I was rather busy chatting with folks and I was a bit naughty as I had changed the colour of my hair and a lot of people didn't recognise me...I was sent to the Naughty Corner again :eek::D