Bypassing the negatives - Quantum is drop dead gorgeous

Thanks for your great review and photos!

How was dinner in the WJ? I read elsewhere that they offer Indian curries at dinnertime, was this also the case on the Quantum? (I'm booked for Dec 27th but have a chronic illness that might limit my ability to eat in a restaurant every night, those little bed baskets look like they were made for me :))

Edited by silver7

Thank you for this nice report! Do you have a picture of the alternative menu?

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums

Thank you.

Sadly no pic of the alternative menu as the waiting staff were not actually aware this was available, although the Chic Manager knew of it and said he would ensure all restaurant staff were given training with regards to there actually being an alternative menu.

Edited by Elizanessie

Thanks for your great review and photos!

How was dinner in the WJ? I read elsewhere that they offer Indian curries at dinnertime, was this also the case on the Quantum? (I'm booked for Dec 27th but have a chronic illness that might limit my ability to eat in a restaurant every night, those little bed baskets look like they were made for me :))

Thank you, I am glad you are enjoying it (first time I have ever done a review :o)

I enjoyed dinner in the WJ but I am strictly a meat or chicken and potatoes type of girl so I cannot say if they had Indian Curries or not but they did have a lot more food stations than I had seen in other Windjammers and it was often very busy at nights.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. :o

Perhaps someone going on the 11/23 Inaugural sailing can maybe check out the WJ for you and report back.

I noticed you said Quantum was not your cup of tea.

Would you sail on her again?

No I wouldn't sail on her again, I really missed the Royal Promenade. But I am glad I sailed on her once, as they say "been there done that got the tshirt" :D

Quite a few of from our sailing wanted me to do the Anthem Maiden Voyage with them but I said sorry but no, I want to get back to "ordinary" Royal ships and so it will be back to my favourite ship in the fleet the Allure for me next year. :D

No I wouldn't sail on her again, I really missed the Royal Promenade. But I am glad I sailed on her once, as they say "been there done that got the tshirt" :D

Quite a few of from our sailing wanted me to do the Anthem Maiden Voyage with them but I said sorry but no, I want to get back to "ordinary" Royal ships and so it will be back to my favourite ship in the fleet the Allure for me next year. :D

but she might have dynamic dinning next yr :(. (Maybe you dont hate it like i do).

Was there sirlion steak on the alternative menu?

but she might have dynamic dinning next yr :(. (Maybe you dont hate it like i do).

Was there sirlion steak on the alternative menu?

Yes Allure is due to get Dynamic Dining next year but honestly I actually like DD, except the pre booking part :eek:

I didn't go back to Chic to order the Sirloin steak after being refused the alternative menu the first time even though the Manager assured me at our meeting later that it would be there next time.

I requested the Sirloin Steak when at our Masquerade Dinner in The Grande but I was given Tenderloin but I didn't want to hold up everyone at the table and so I ate it instead.

A friend who is going on 11/23 Inaugural recently contacted RCCL with regards to the alternative menu and was assured it will be available.

I requested the Sirloin Steak when at our Masquerade Dinner in The Grande but I was given Tenderloin but I didn't want to hold up everyone at the table and so I ate it instead.

odd, when the head waiter of the grande came around I did ask about the steak... but she said 'sorry we dont have that'. The grande would be where i expected to eat steak... I guess in a way they were right i guess since you never got your steak.. I should start a Quantum steak petition.

Yeah steak is that important to me :mad: :cool:

Liz,

good to read your review, I miss the bus stop! ;)

We got back yesterday and have been hibernating ever since - never experienced jetlag before - don't want to ever again!! :(

Will feel more human tomorrow I hope, then I can properly catch up on the forums :D

Rachel

odd, when the head waiter of the grande came around I did ask about the steak... but she said 'sorry we dont have that'. The grande would be where i expected to eat steak... I guess in a way they were right i guess since you never got your steak.. I should start a Quantum steak petition.

Yeah steak is that important to me :mad: :cool:

On our sailing there were a lot of provisions missing which I think would not be on the ship until it reached the US, perhaps sirloin steak was one of them :confused:

Liz,

good to read your review, I miss the bus stop! ;)

We got back yesterday and have been hibernating ever since - never experienced jetlag before - don't want to ever again!! :(

Will feel more human tomorrow I hope, then I can properly catch up on the forums :D

Rachel

Welcome home Rachel, I hope you feel more rested tomorrow and perhaps you will have some pics that you could add to this review ?

p.s. I miss the Bus Stop too ;)

Liz

can you direct me to a guide on how to upload pictures - I think I have to create a photobucket account or something similar?

I have pictures that I will gladly add to your review.

Rachel

I use photobucket for pics from camera although the ones on my phone are easier as I use TapaTalk. But I will email you tomorrow about pics as you need to rest :D

Simple menu (as Royal calls it, otherwise the alternate menu) attached. This was provided to me from the Miami office.

Thanks John.

Wow I didn't realise that the Simple/Alternative menu was different in each restaurant, I was led to believe on the ship etc that it was the old sirloin steak, chicken, fish, pasta menu as it is on other ships. :confused:

Did they have lobster at the free restaurants? Any tips. we are going 12-1. Your review was great. Did they have enough activities on sea days thanks.

This link is supposed to have the menus that were used on the TA.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

If you go through the Quantum link on RCIs site it still has the menus that originally came out when DD was introduced.

Lobster originally was in AI but was in Grande on the TA. This from reading reviews as I was not on the TA. Only reviews I saw wrt the lobster (2) said it wasn't very good.

Liz may know more as she was on the TA.

Edited by SailingSiggy