Just back -- X-Caret

Sandytoes

$99.00 cruise excursion tour.

Not worth it at all. Unless you have all day/night.

Had to wait for all the last minute ferry passengers. Half hour out of our time. 40 minute ride on the ferry.

Then in Cancun had to walk some distance to get to the bus. 15 minute ride to the park.

We had to wait for the tour operator to hand out wrist tags to get into the park.

After entering, the tour operator explained were everything was in the park. 20 minutes.

We did the underground snorkel ride. Nice. No fish.

Then we snorkeled at one of the beaches. We decided to do the river raft ride. Big mistake. We tried to find this ride. Signs are horrible. Kept asking for directions to get to it. It was so hot! Finally found the ride. Had to wait 10 minutes for more passengers. In the heat and the ride lasted 5 minutes. And the walk was 5 minutes to get to the main path. Park is poorly laid out.

Then it was off for the 20 minute walk back to get our snorkel gear. Then back 20 minutes to meet the bus. And wait for those last minute passengers to board the bus.

This trip did not give time to shop in Cozumel at all.

Would not recommend it at all. I don't think floating under a man-made stone for $200.00 was worth it.

Save your money and take a taxi ride to Chankanaab State Park. Did that last year. Should have done it again.

• 1 month later...

I think you are major confussed. You are describing a tour from Cozumel not Cancun. If you tender into Cancun (right now it is only NCL) it takes about 20 minutes. The bus is a 2 minute walk. Bus ride is about an hour. You do not have to wait for guide to pass out wristbands nor do you have to take the tour with the guide. The park is laid out excellantly! So easy to find your way around. There is no river rafting! And the underground river is mainly for floating along in your lifejacket...specially designed so you can be in a sitting position.

And if you dock in Cozumel, the tender ride is 35 minutes to Playa del Carmen. It is a 5 minute walk to the bus. The park is 15 minutes away. You have the option to be dropped off in downtown if you choose.

Your tour time is NEVER shortened due to late pax boarding the tender/tender.

I love Xcaret! It is one of the coolest places I have ever been too. I would go every week if my workload allowed...am going this Wednesday!

Archived