Most Traveled

KruzeKrazy!

Fine with me. The question is what perks can be offered. There would be much whining if any of the existing perks are moved from Platinum or Elite to Super Elite. However, Princess would not want the new level to be too expensive.

Easy enought. Just reduce the number of minutes for the regular Elites & add them to the new Super Elite.

Problem solved. :D

Princess no longer counts days with P&.O. towards most traveled. Only Princess days go towards that. However, people with P&.O. , those days will still count towards status (elite, Platinum, Ruby Gold ).So big days at P,O. won;t combine with Princess days to figure eligibility for the most traveled top 40 party or the top three honor on a cruise.

So the one with the most days we now know of is an U. S. individual with as of today has 2367 days. She lives in Florida and is very well traveled with lots of long cruises.A friend of mine is currently cruising with her .

I think it is time for prince to come up with new elite class.For example 500 days or more.I would call it the super elite class.ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY IDEAS.

LONG CRUISER

I think 25 cruises would also be a good way to have a tier above elite. RCL did it with their Pinnacle tier above Diamond plus.

For a new tier I like.....

1. I would like to see one complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant after 25 cruises (NCL has a perk like this)

2.More internet minutes would be useful since it is so slow.

3. Complimentary cocktail coupon or two.

4. Discounted Spa treatments, complimentary thermal spa

You are referring to Lorraine Artz. She lived for years on Princess ships. Eventually, she had to leave the ships as they did not have the facilities to care for her. Last I heard she had about 5000 days on Princess (about 350 cruises.

Thanks. I had heard about her as she was a Princess legend but never knew her name or was on a ship with her.

I think 25 cruises would also be a good way to have a tier above elite. RCL did it with their Pinnacle tier above Diamond plus.

For a new tier I like.....

1. I would like to see one complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant after 25 cruises (NCL has a perk like this)

2.More internet minutes would be useful since it is so slow.

They're promising 4 times the speed as of Jan 1.

3. Complimentary cocktail coupon or two.

4. Discounted Spa treatments, complimentary thermal spa

:):):)

To go from platinum to elite is about 2.5 times the credits/days. To go to a new level with some rounding up would be around 40 credits or 400 days. To make it a bit more special 50/500 could be used.

I'm currently on my 2nd B2B on the Crown and the cutoff for most traveled luncheon has been 320 and 340. Of coarse this varies greatly based on itinerary but generally not a lot of passengers would be included in new level if based on 50/500.

I'd like to see 1 free specialty dinner on cruises 10 days and under and 1 more per every 10 days. Other options include increased internet time, discount on excursion and/or beverage package, increased shop discount, and additional mini bar set up.

and how will Princess pay for those extra benefits?? You can bet it won't be coming off their bottom line.. So where will the cuts be made??:cool:

I agree. Any new perks would have to be either free or pretty inexpensive. The new 24 hour booking window for elites would have been one.

Rather than free specialty dinners, maybe a discount of 10% to 20% for the super elites. That would encourage more use of those restaurants.

The bottom line to make it to Most Traveled changes from cruise to cruise. Some cruises have so many elites

that the cutoff can be rather high. On a recent transatlantic we have friends with over 700 days that didn't make it.

And a friend on recent Panama canal cruise made it with about 340 days.

What was the bottom number of days to make it to the most traveled luncheon?

It varies by the itinerary. With Alaska, it can be a low number. We were on the Coral northbound about 18 months ago. There were 30 elites. There was a Most Traveled Cocktail Party and only the 30 were invited.

The most traveled guest from North America is Ilene Weiner with 2277 and at the end of this cruise it will be 2287. The most traveled world wide are the Kings and the Darby's are way up there too.

Princess marketing changed the title from Most Traveled Passenger to Most Traveled Guest. Probably the same person that came up with the idea to replace the crystal award with the cheap and ugly black box that no one likes or wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are referring to Lorraine Artz. She lived for years on Princess ships. Eventually, she had to leave the ships as they did not have the facilities to care for her. Last I heard she had about 5000 days on Princess (about 350 cruises.

We were supposed to sail in the cabin next to her on the old Royal in 2012 (not sure about the year).

She became ill and got off on the cruise right before ours. "Her" cabin (suite) remained empty for our entire cruise (35 days) but I was so disappointed not to meet her. (Although reputation said she didn't speak to passengers - just crew).

We were supposed to sail in the cabin next to her on the old Royal in 2012 (not sure about the year).

She became ill and got off on the cruise right before ours. "Her" cabin (suite) remained empty for our entire cruise (35 days) but I was so disappointed not to meet her. (Although reputation said she didn't speak to passengers - just crew).

When we first met Lorraine on the original Royal in 2003 we too thought she was standoffish. She was catered to and pampered by the crew especially Alan and Alana as well as the CD J J King. We didn't talk to her much on that cruise but after the Royal was transferred in 2005 to P&O she moved to the Sea Princess and that was when we got to know her. She grieved for her husband a long time and spoke often of how much she missed him. She moved from the Sea to the little Royal and while on that ship she was much more outgoing. She would sit in the bar and hold court there practically every day. She was a cool lady. Of these ships she always said she preferred the Royal 1 because that was the ship she sailed on with her husband. She could be charming if she liked you but not so much if she didn't.

It should be noted that there have been three Royal Princess's. Princess Di was the Godmother for the first. Princess Kate was the Godmother for the third (current) Royal and (you guessed it) Lorraine Artz was the Godmother for the middle Royal.

I'm not elite but I wonder how some elite or higher level could be defined in the face of continuing population growth and Princess' hopes of getting more and more of the population to ride cruise ships. Don't these forces conspire to cause any given absolute number of cruise days to be too low to assure exclusivity? Or is this canceled out partly by the practical upper limit on passenger age (say 125 just to be on the high side)?

I like the idea of loyalty benefits that can be given to more and more passengers without diminishing the value of the benefits as more and more people are eligible.

In fact, I like the idea of nice things that could be included for all the passengers. Such as a glass of champagne on embarkation.

We hate champagne. We always give ours away when we get it. What's worse is it's usually cheap champagne.

What amazes me with the MTP levels is how drastically they can change from sailing to sailing. We never expect to be invited since we have so few days but we have been 3 or 4 times. I get a laugh out of it when we do because we certainly aren't MTP at all. :D

It should be noted that there have been three Royal Princess's. Princess Di was the Godmother for the first. Princess Kate was the Godmother for the third (current) Royal and (you guessed it) Lorraine Artz was the Godmother for the middle Royal.

Yes and it was the Royal-1 that she considered her favorite even though she was the godmother of the Royal-2. Princesses recycling of ship names can create a lot of confusion for those old enough to have sailed on all of the "iterations" of a name. Such as Pacific, Royal,Regal, etc. and now Sky.