Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by Traveler1986, cboyle, MeanMeosh, Gary908 & TheConsort!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Valor Wonderful Cruise for First Timers by Traveler1986

This was our first cruise for myself, my husband and my 20-year old son to celebrate my 50th birthday. My 80 year-old mother and sister also joined us for the cruise. We mainly chose this cruise because of all the ports. The cruise did not disappoint. The Valor was a very nice ship and every single one of the employees who work on the ship were so nice.. We were so impressed by how friendly everyone was no matter what their job was. Our housekeeping staff, Bobi, was outstanding. He knew all of our names on the first day and was always so helpful. The wait staff in the Washington Dining Room were great also - Smith, Kristine and Iwayan were so accommodating and personable. Continue reading... Wonderful Cruise for First Timers

Ruby Princess Gorgeous Fall Foliage on Canada/NE Cruise by cboyle

Beaupre, QC, Canada; Quebec City, QC, Canada; Ville Saguenay, QC, Canada (canceled); Gaspe, QC, Canada (canceled); Charlottetown, PEI, Canada; Sydney, NS, Canada; Halifax, NS, Canada; Bar Harbor, ME, USA; Boston, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA ABOUT THE REVIEW Other reviews give extensive information on the ship, cabins, food etc. Our reviews are not like that; they are primarily a journal of what we did in the various ports, including web links to tourist information sites and maps. In general, we prefer DIY port tours, private tours with other Cruise Critic roll call members, or shared public tours. However, we will take a Princess tour when the logistics or cost make that a better option. Tour operator contact information is included in each port review. Continue reading... Gorgeous Fall Foliage on Canada/NE Cruise

Enchantment of the Seas Nice by MeanMeosh

The Enchantment of the Seas is a nice ship, and this is a good itinerary if you want a quick "getaway" cruise. I probably wouldn't do a short cruise like this again, though it doesn't have to do with RCCL or the Enchantment as much as I just don't think 3 day cruises are my thing. BACKGROUND My wife and I wanted to take this cruise for our 8th wedding anniversary. We both wanted to do a cruise, but I didn't have a ton of time to take off of work, having already done a 2-week road trip to Boston/cruise to Bermuda in May. We got a good deal on this particular itinerary through Cruise.com, and the weather in Florida/the northern Bahamas is usually splendid in late October, so we decided to go with it. This was my 7th cruise, and my wife's 4th. Our cruise dates were October 24th through 27th. Continue reading... Nice

Eurodam Wonderful Baltic Adventure by Gary908

We enjoyed our 12 night Baltic cruise. This was our second Baltic cruise and 4th on Holland America. We had previously sailed on the Rotterdam. Liked this itinerary because of the overnights in Stockholm and Copenhagen as well as the usual overnight in St. Petersburg. We arrived in Copenhagen the day of embarkation and use the HA transfer to the ship which was worth the convenience. Check-in was very speedy at the port. It would be helpful to get the health form on the bus to complete instead of having to stop and struggle to find a pen to complete in the terminal. Continue reading... Wonderful Baltic Adventure

Norwegian Sun A Very Nice Time by TheConsort

This was my 13th cruise overall and my 8th on Norwegian. I am a 50 yo male traveling with a friend. Embarkation was quick with us being on the ship 30 minutes after arriving at the port. PORTS: Our first day was a sea day and it was sunny. The pool deck was crowded but, not to a point where it became an issue. On our second day at Routan we just missed Tropical Storm Hanna. The port at Coxen Hole had changed a lot since the last time I was there in 2006. However, it was a rainy day so we didn't venture far from the ship. Did a little shopping at the straw market, sucked up some free WiFi, and ate lunch a dive, where the food was tasty but, overpriced. Our third day we ported in Belize City and again it was a rainiy day so we chose to stay near the port. We did however take as walk around the town and did some shopping. Continue reading... A Very Nice Time

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin