Differences with European Cruise?

hova

Just wondering if there will be any differences between a regular RCL Carribean Cruise to a RCL Rhapsody of the Seas European Cruise (Greek Islands). I am planning on doing my first European Cruise in 2015.

Are all annoucments made in English, or is it done in multiple languages? Is the menu the regular one? How about the entertainment? thanks for your help... hova

Announcements will be made in several languages depending on where the cruise starts from and the mix of passengers on board. The primary language will be English with Spanish, Italian or German.

Menus are regular for the RCI fleet in my experience. The entertainment, again the usual RCI stuff but introductions maybe in several languages.

We did that cruise on Splendour back in 2012 and it was not dramatically different. The announcements were in multiple languages but one of them was always English.

Menus were the same except they change the lobster night to large shrimp.

Shows were the same.

Go for it, you will have a tremendous time, we did. :)

We did a cruise out of Barcelona in Sept. all announcements were made in English then repeated in Spanish (since we went out of Spain) during the show when the cruise director was introducing the production for the evening there was also a lady repeating what he said in Spanish.

Our family enjoyed our visit but it is definitely different from our Caribbean cruises we have taken.

We are hoping prices of flight go down so we can go to Venice in Sept 2015 and do the Greek Isles.

Just wondering if there will be any differences between a regular RCL Carribean Cruise to a RCL Rhapsody of the Seas European Cruise (Greek Islands). I am planning on doing my first European Cruise in 2015.

Are all annoucments made in English, or is it done in multiple languages? Is the menu the regular one? How about the entertainment? thanks for your help... hova

I've been on two the navigator and the liberty

The two things we noticed were first there is ana extra late seating for dinner it was called the late Italian seating very limited I'm sure but it was there we walked by and asked what was going on and the staff explained to us

Second because all the different languages there was not a comedy show on either ship hope this helps

Plus don't forget the SPANISH TAX!

Were there a lot of activities scheduled during port days? What about the 'game' shows like the Newlywed type games- do they do them even with many passengers not 'English based'?

We're booked on an Allure Med cruise next year, but because we live so close to Europe we're treating it like a relaxing Caribbean cruise, and only plan to walk around most ports for a couple of hours in the morning, and then spend the rest of the day exploring and enjoying the ship. I know that many European cruisers are planning to do the same, so the ship may not be as empty as it often is in Caribbean ports- I'm wondering if the CD will recognize this (especially with the novelty of this being Allure's first Med season), and have things planned for the many who will remain onboard in ports.

Were there a lot of activities scheduled during port days? What about the 'game' shows like the Newlywed type games- do they do them even with many passengers not 'English based'?

We're booked on an Allure Med cruise next year, but because we live so close to Europe we're treating it like a relaxing Caribbean cruise, and only plan to walk around most ports for a couple of hours in the morning, and then spend the rest of the day exploring and enjoying the ship. I know that many European cruisers are planning to do the same, so the ship may not be as empty as it often is in Caribbean ports- I'm wondering if the CD will recognize this (especially with the novelty of this being Allure's first Med season), and have things planned for the many who will remain onboard in ports.

You won't find many activities planned during the day time - even less than on Caribbean cruises - as Med cruises really are all about port days, and often really long port days with lots of travelling. Even though you plan to stay onboard (and we often do this as we've been to many of the Med ports on numerous occasions) you will find the ships pretty empty. The Allure has so much to offer that you will find plenty to do.

They still have the usual game shows, like Love and Marriage, but if there is a significant number of Spanish onboard they sometimes hold a separate Spanish speaking show. As someone pointed out, you rarely have a Comedy shows as they just don't work well with many languages onboard. Shows tend to be either visual - magician, jugglers etc or tribute bands. The onboard shows on Allure are so spectacular that Guest Entertainers are less important in my opinion.

Edited by Bobal