Cartergena - Folkloric Show

js4rq

Hi,

We would like to do the "Exploring Magnificent Cartagena" tour through NCL.

We'd also like to see a folkloric show as well, if possible. Does anyone know if we can see a folkloric show near the port or do we need to go on a tour that includes the show in its itinerary?

Highlights of Cartagena & Folkloric Show appears to be the only tour with a folkloric show. We don't mind opting for this tour instead, if it is the only way we get to see a folkloric show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Edited by js4rq

• 4 weeks later...

I did a tour with Celebrity that included a Folkloric Show. I really enjoyed the day. We did La Popa, walled city, show, quick shopping at the dungeons, drive around the beach, photo stop at the fort and new city. I talked to people who toured the fort and it is quite strenuous. With the heat I am glad I did not pick a tour including the fort tour, people said they have never sweated so much in their lives! I enjoyed the Folkloric show so for me it was the right choice.

One idea is tell the guide you want to leave the tour right before heading back to the ship. Get a cab to the fort and tour on your own. After that, you can get a cab back to the ship.

Hi,

We would like to do the "Exploring Magnificent Cartagena" tour through NCL.

We'd also like to see a folkloric show as well, if possible. Does anyone know if we can see a folkloric show near the port or do we need to go on a tour that includes the show in its itinerary?

Highlights of Cartagena & Folkloric Show appears to be the only tour with a folkloric show. We don't mind opting for this tour instead, if it is the only way we get to see a folkloric show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Edited by Jen1000

I did a tour with Celebrity that included a Folkloric Show. I really enjoyed the day. We did La Popa, walled city, show, quick shopping at the dungeons, drive around the beach, photo stop at the fort and new city. I talked to people who toured the fort and it is quite strenuous. With the heat I am glad I did not pick a tour including the fort tour, people said they have never sweated so much in their lives! I enjoyed the Folkloric show so for me it was the right choice.

One idea is tell the guide you want to leave the tour right before heading back to the ship. Get a cab to the fort and tour on your own. After that, you can get a cab back to the ship.

I am interested in that Celebrity tour, and I see the folkloric show takes place inside the Naval Museum, did you get time to explore the Naval museum also?

Also did they take you on a walking tour within the city walls?

Thanks

Edited by Lobbylin

Just had a read through the reviews - both tours doesn't have a stop IN the fort. :(

Any suggestions?? :D

Often the ships lay on shuttle buses and if you take a tour, your tour sticker allows you to stay in town afterwards and then use the shuttle bus to get back, although I cannot remember how close the Fort is to the shuttle point.

We saw a folkloric show that was part of a tour we did booked last month in Cartegena, Colombia on our Partial Panama Canal Cruise on the Island Princess. The show itself is probably very similar to the one referred to by the OP. I hope you get to see it. It was fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure where we were for the folkloric show. It was outdoors overlooking the ocean though. There was a bar to get your free drink (water, beer, coke) and there were tables and chairs to watch the show. I don't think it was the naval museum but I am not sure.

Yes, they took us on a walking tour of the walled city after the show. The order of the tour varies though.

I am interested in that Celebrity tour, and I see the folkloric show takes place inside the Naval Museum, did you get time to explore the Naval museum also?

Also did they take you on a walking tour within the city walls?

Thanks