John and Diane's LAST Round the World Adventure

Johnny B

It's hard to say, since our passports (issued in 2009) have had extra pages added to them and many smaller stamps are on the same page. We still have 10-year visas for India and Brazil, but our China visa expired after a year. It's like a walk down memory lane to peruse pages in our passports - almost as good as a photo album. Thanks for asking.

It's hard to say, since our passports (issued in 2009) have had extra pages added to them and many smaller stamps are on the same page. We still have 10-year visas for India and Brazil, but our China visa expired after a year. It's like a walk down memory lane to peruse pages in our passports - almost as good as a photo album. Thanks for asking.

Was there any country that you recalled insisting on a completely blank page? - I know India and China do - but not sure about any others.....most seem willing to find any empty space and use that.

The only three that took an entire page (because of the size of the visa) were Zambia, Cambodia and Brazil. I looked through the visa pages and didn't find any other pages that didn't contain at least two and usually multiple visas.

Am about 3/4 through Of Marriageable Age and really enjoying it also. Don't normally read "regular" books. Just manuals and technical stuff so it's different.

About extra pages in a passport: how do you get them? Do you have to send it back for more to be added?

Am about 3/4 through Of Marriageable Age and really enjoying it also. Don't normally read "regular" books. Just manuals and technical stuff so it's different.

About extra pages in a passport: how do you get them? Do you have to send it back for more to be added?

Passport office will add pages for around $82 I think.....check their website

Hi Margaret and Keith,

We certainly hope you do 2017, as we're already booked for that one. Keep us in the loop as far as your plans. We'd love to see you then.

Regarding extra pages, we happened to be in London, so we went to the Embassy and paid a moderate amount (about $24, as I recall) and they added the pages, fattening the passport so that it no longer fits in a regular passport wallet. Oh well. I'm sure we have enough now to last until 2019, when we have to renew yet again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John and Diane. Was it simple to,get extra. Pages on passport in London assume you go to American Embassy,we will be there in a few weeks and thought this was a great idea to do it then. Also assume it's the Embassy or is there another office that handle this. Thank you for your idea. Sandra and Allan

Keith and Margaret - we're also looking forward to seeing you in 2017.

Alan and Sandra - Although the price has gone up, you can still get extra pages at the

American Embassy in Grosvenor Square. We arrived slightly before opening and it was

a fairly quick procedure; I doubt if it's like that now, but it is quite convenient if you're in

London. Here's a US Embassy Link that provides the application and more information:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/passports/extra.html