Things to do in Houston

soraya

Hi, It's a bit removed from cruising, but my husband is going to Houston soon. He's there for a few weeks and was wondering what there is to do in the evenings. He's staying at the Omni Westside and going to a conference at the Reliant Centre, (I'm not sure how far apart these are)

He's looked out a couple of shows to go to at the Verizon Wireless Theatre and the Continental Club. Are these the types of places you would book in advance? Also, are they OK, I don't want to send him to any dens of ill repute by mistake icon_smile.gif Are there places he might be wiser to steer clear of?

He's off there for two weeks and then back in the UK for two weeks before we fly to Tahitian Princess, I have a feeling he won't know what day it is when we get out there!

Thanks Soraya

Hello From Houston!

I think your husband will find plenty to do here. The Verizon Theater is nice as well as any of the others in our theater district. Here is a link to the downtown theater district. www.houstontheaterdistrict.com

Many times tickets are available for the same day. It just depends on the popularity of the event and if your not picky about seating. Also just blocks from the theater district is a area now called "The Main Event". This area was created just before the Superbowl was held here this year. It is an area downtown where the street is blocked off to traffic and on weekends will have street performers and outdoor

bands. There is a wide variety of restaurants and clubs in the area. Downtown is about 20 minutes east from his hotel.

If he likes comedy I recommend Radio music Theater. This is a bit closer to his hotel too. http://www.radiomusictheatre.com/

We have not been to the Continental Club, but it looks like it would be a good place.

Enron field is open for Astros Baseball.

Houston Rockets are playing basketball at the Toyota Center.

Our museum district might have something he would enjoy on weekends.

The Miller Outdoor Theater is open with free performances,

30 minutes south of Houston is the Johnson Space Center.

Here's another site with houston highlights and an event calendar:

http://www.houston-guide.com/guide/index.html

Hope this will give him some ideas and I hope he enjoys his stay here!

Enjoy your cruise too - it looks wonderful!!

Grand Princess 12/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 12/03

Grand Princess 11/8/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2003;12;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Since we sailed on Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;08;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until we're on board the Grand again !!!

Archived