Here is the first Picture of The Grand Celebration

If you go onto channel 5 website you can see the entire video of her coming into port. The video was obviously shot from a helicopter and they did a good job of closeups. I noticed her exterior need lots of TLC and the crew on the ship were wearing Costa cruise line jump suits. Also her Costa logo still on her funnel. She didn't look any much bigger than the BC from the video but I imagine in person maybe different. Exciting, think I'll take a trip to the port on Thursday, just drive over the bridge. Too bad the Tiki Hut is no longer there.

Here is the link to the channel 5 video. It's over half an hour. Great stuff! Looking forward to sailing her once again. It still has all the Costa and Iberia "Stuff". I remember that first sailing and marveling at how huge she was in 1987. Now, after sailing on the Mega-Goliath's of The Seas, she seems like a tug boat. But, after all, The Grand Celebration is a "Luxury" tugboat. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!

Link: http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/new-cruise-ship-to-dock-at-port-of-palm-beach

Edited by cruiseguys2009

In 1985 I was on the Inauguration of The Carnival Holiday. Then the following year, 1986, we again were on the Inauguration of The Carnival Jubilee. Then six months later, in 1987, it was The Carnival Celebration. We loved the Trio Sisters and sailed often on them. Out of the three, The Celebration was always my favorite and now, she has returned to me once again! Although I am going to miss not seeing the real San Francisco Trolly that was once on board the ship, we heard that was removed during her renovation. :o